What do you want to know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In terms of options, which depreciate least (thereby increasing the GFV of a PCP and lowering monthly payments)

When I ordered my S205, the dealer informed me that certain options would depreciate a lot less over 3 years and would therefore add less to the monthly cost than their list price. He mentioned Premium(Plus) and Privacy Glass as an example.

In terms of paint, he also mentioned that that certain colours also depreciate more than others. So flat white is ok, but not flat black apparently.

In terms of options, which depreciate least (thereby increasing the GFV of a PCP and lowering monthly payments)

When I ordered my S205, the dealer informed me that certain options would depreciate a lot less over 3 years and would therefore add less to the monthly cost than their list price. He mentioned Premium(Plus) and Privacy Glass as an example.

In terms of paint, he also mentioned that that certain colours also depreciate more than others. So flat white is ok, but not flat black apparently.

Some of the options are residual enhancing, but they vary from model to model. He's not right about the paint though. There's no option to put in the colour, just if its metallic or not. Metallic paint bumps up the GFV slightly, but it doesn't matter which particular colour you buy

I can tell you the enhancing options for any car

Hello,

some questions from me if that's ok JBD. Some of which could be unknown answer at this point in time.

Got a c350e on order.

C350e with the premium pack... led headlights, are these bi-led (so full and dipped) ?

Also are front fog lights a thing of the past or are these in the headlight unit?

Airmatic - what is the 'default' ride height ? Can this be increased or lowered by manual control or is this defined in the profile programs?

Are roof boxes compatable with pano roofs?

Does the onboard interface connect to Apple devices for music play back and artwork?

C350e has the merc connect me service as standard, for pre climate and stats etc, how does this get the signal from a mobile device ? Is there onboard wifi or a 3G /4g SIM card ? (If sim, what network?)

Does the c350e have drilled front discs ?

At present the c350e charge rate is detailed at 16amps, any plans to increase this to 32amps via firmware upgrade?

Many thanks

They're bi LED, but not a he intelligent system with full beam assist etc

Forget fog lights

Airmatic has a standard height, but you can adjust it depending on driving style and it does have a higher setting.

You can have a roof box

Yes it connect to Apple devices via Bluetooth

I'll have to get back to you on the connect me, I don't tend to get too involved with that

No, I don't think it has drilled discs

I'll have to get back to you on the last one

Hi jbd, Have you managed to find any more info on the 2 above questions ??

Also.. It's been read on another mb forum that the c350e is to be delayed due to engine critcal, have you heard anything ? Has anyone got a C350e on Order / Feedback ? - Page 3 - MBWorld.org Forums

Cheers

Thanks...

There's a SIM card in the car for the connect me

Can't see anything about changing the charge rate

We haven't heard anything about delays beyond what we expected

Is there really going to be a new G-wagen (I don't mean the variants with 6*6 or portal axles)?

Hello JBD
Do you know if there are any plans to put a hybrid engine in a E Class convertible?
Also, what is the inside view on the current diesel emissions worries - does diesel have a future in cars?
Reasons for asking is we are considering an E Class convertible as a replacement for our SLK 250 CDi and like the torque of a diesel mated to an auto box. But is diesel likely to be out of fashion in the future?

Hello JBD
Do you know if there are any plans to put a hybrid engine in a E Class convertible?
Also, what is the inside view on the current diesel emissions worries - does diesel have a future in cars?
Reasons for asking is we are considering an E Class convertible as a replacement for our SLK 250 CDi and like the torque of a diesel mated to an auto box. But is diesel likely to be out of fashion in the future?

I wouldn't worry about diesel any time soon, it would cause massive problems nationally if diesel cars were taxed more. I think there will be a plug in hybrid in the E can when its replaced in 18 months. Do you want something bigger?

I wouldn't worry about diesel any time soon, it would cause massive problems nationally if diesel cars were taxed more. I think there will be a plug in hybrid in the E can when its replaced in 18 months. Do you want something bigger?

Yep, SLK is just too small (boot size).
Quite happy with engine size. Would prefer 250CDi over 220CDi, but would also prefer the softer suspension/taller side walls on the tyres of the SE as nearsides on our SLK are seriously kerbed

The 250cdi has been discontinued because it doesn't meet Euro6 regulation. You'll get a good deal on an E cab now, I did 7 grand off an E350 today.

Yep, SLK is just too small (boot size).
Quite happy with engine size. Would prefer 250CDi over 220CDi, but would also prefer the softer suspension/taller side walls on the tyres of the SE as nearsides on our SLK are seriously kerbed

I took MB up on their alloy wheel protection as I was worried about the same thing, it seems like one of the extra packages that is worth it. I think it's 20 claims over 3 years or something like that.

I took MB up on their alloy wheel protection as I was worried about the same thing, it seems like one of the extra packages that is worth it. I think it's 20 claims over 3 years or something like that.
Does that protection cover tyres too? The first kerbing incedent damaged the sidewalls of the 2 nearside tyres. Wallet £500 lighter:doh:

Does that protection cover tyres too? The first kerbing incedent damaged the sidewalls of the 2 nearside tyres. Wallet £500 lighter:doh:

Not usually. You can get tyre insurance from some places

I have this as was thrown in as part of the deal when purchased the car. Wasn't told though that to claim the wheel would need to be taken off car and sent to Leicester to be repaired (I live in Ashford in kent) and would take over a week. Would be OK if had a proper spare wheel. I spoke to mb Ashford who provided the policy and they were no help in either providing a spare wheel to use or a car to use so in the end I canceled the claim and live with the scratch.

I have this as was thrown in as part of the deal when purchased the car. Wasn't told though that to claim the wheel would need to be taken off car and sent to Leicester to be repaired (I live in Ashford in kent) and would take over a week. Would be OK if had a proper spare wheel. I spoke to mb Ashford who provided the policy and they were no help in either providing a spare wheel to use or a car to use so in the end I canceled the claim and live with the scratch.

Was meant to be attached to the post about wheel protection, no tires. Sorry.

I haven't got my invoice to hand but I think it was called "Wheel & Tyre Protection" and covered both.

The rest is covered under "Minor Damage Insurance" - scratches, chips and dents.

JBD said:
Some of the options are residual enhancing, but they vary from model to model. He's not right about the paint though. There's no option to put in the colour, just if its metallic or not. Metallic paint bumps up the GFV slightly, but it doesn't matter which particular colour you buy I can tell you the enhancing options for any car
what are the enhancing options for CLS 350CDI?

Hi please can someone give any further information on the steer assist included in the driver assistance package?

When I have read about the option it states that the steering wheel will vibrate if you stray out of lane.

While watching demo vids on YouTube (mainly German and U.S. Reviews), while using the distronic cruise control the car steers itself when hands are removed from the wheel.

Please can anyone confirm if this is the same on UK cars?

Thanks in advance.

It is on E Class - I can't speak for any other models though.

Steering assist can be switched on or off. Once on, it's permanent under 18mph (30kph) and over 18mph it operates for 10 seconds before telling warning you to put a hand back on the wheel.

The under 18mph setting is great if you're in meandering traffic - no hands no feet required - though it needs to be corrected occasionally (or perhaps I'm just chicken :cool:).

what are the enhancing options for CLS 350CDI?

360 camera
Airmatic
Driving Assistance Package
Metallic Paint
Privacy Glass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom