What do you want to know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Delivery

Is there anyway I can check on delivery times. Placed my order for new c class in April and was told it would be fine for 1st September 66 plate. Now just been advised it will be end of Sept although build date was allegedly 12th August.

I am having to extend my current PCP plan by another month and no confidence it will only be 1 month

Is there anyway I can check on delivery times. Placed my order for new c class in April and was told it would be fine for 1st September 66 plate. Now just been advised it will be end of Sept although build date was allegedly 12th August.

I am having to extend my current PCP plan by another month and no confidence it will only be 1 month
Remember its probably coming from South Africa which will account from some discrepancy between build date and delivery to the UK dealer, rumoured to be up to 5 weeks.
New Mercedes-Benz C-Class is on its way - Cape Business News

Hi JDB,

Car is coming up 3 years old, so I'm assuming the TomTom license for the Command traffic alert will be about to run out? There's nothing on screen to tell me the license duration, only that it's active.

I'll be booking an A service, but don't want to get mugged on the day (like last year for something else, long story) so can you tell me if it will indeed run out and what the charge will be for re-enabling? And can I do it do direct with TomTom or via a third party to avoid any dealer cream on top?

Many thanks.

Hi, sorry I missed this one. Shipping from SA is around 34 days, so that does sound like the right amount of time. I'd say that it's likely to arrive mid September at Zeebrugge, then is normally about 3-5 days from then

Hi JDB,

Car is coming up 3 years old, so I'm assuming the TomTom license for the Command traffic alert will be about to run out? There's nothing on screen to tell me the license duration, only that it's active.

I'll be booking an A service, but don't want to get mugged on the day (like last year for something else, long story) so can you tell me if it will indeed run out and what the charge will be for re-enabling? And can I do it do direct with TomTom or via a third party to avoid any dealer cream on top?

Many thanks.

I'm really not sure on that one. I know you'd have to buy actual map updates, but I'm not sure on the traffic side of it.

I'm really not sure on that one. I know you'd have to buy actual map updates, but I'm not sure on the traffic side of it.
Any way I can find what the map updates cost and when they are due?

Any way I can find what the map updates cost and when they are due?

There's an annual update normally, which can be done at service. I believe you can buy it from the parts department at your local dealership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like many other car manufacturers map updates appear to be a "grey area" While fully integrated into the cars system I imagine the data is supplied by a third party mapping company such as Tom Tom or Becker and as such will depend on exactly how current that is. My experience with BECKER was that updates tended to become available every 2-3 years and also varied between countries. Germany car owners as you might expect was often the first to get updates for their domestic consumption whereas other European countries came a little later. General consensus was that car system based data was not so quickly updated as that for the stand alone sat nav systems supplied by the mapping companies themselves bought as a sticky on accessory. Things may have changed I don't know.:dk:

ps the value offered by mapping /traffic updates has to be looked at carefully since I would presume that 80-90% of the data would remain the same. Where it might be useful is the circumstance where recent traffic /road developments meant changes to routes you constantly use and you have evidence your current data is incorrect. That said it then comes down to exactly when those changes came into existence and the "final deadline" if you like, as to when any relevant data was incorporated into the latest mapping " package" Inevitably its going to be out of date unless there's a mechanism for updates in real time- which I doubt. On that basis I reckon updating every 3 years represents a realistic gain for your hard earned cash. With expensive yearly updates benefits may be marginal except in the circumstances outlined above.:dk:

Last edited:
Hi JBD

Do you know why there is no option to add rear side airbags on the new e class please?
None of the dealers I have spoken to are able to answer this. I was able to add them as an option on my w212.

Hi JBD

Do you know why there is no option to add rear side airbags on the new e class please?
None of the dealers I have spoken to are able to answer this. I was able to add them as an option on my w212.

I'm not sure anyone can answer that. They're just not an option. I can't see that they're standard either

Hi JBD
If I send you some parts numbers are you able to give me a price?
I'm trying to sort out some winter wheels...before the winter.
:D
Thanks

Hi JBD
If I send you some parts numbers are you able to give me a price?
I'm trying to sort out some winter wheels...before the winter.
:D
Thanks

Sorry, that's not something I have access to. You'll need to contact a parts department

Sorry, that's not something I have access to. You'll need to contact a parts department

Funny! Surprised you won't go from East Anglia to Yorkshire to give a quote on some tyres!

Hi JBD,

Fair play to you for taking the time to respond to all the questions on this thread and for setting it up in the first place, many thanks for your time and effort.

I have a C43 coupe on order and have been told by my dealer that there is a delay with the carbon fibre centre consoles and therefore the car will be delayed. Are you aware of this delay?

Funny! Surprised you won't go from East Anglia to Yorkshire to give a quote on some tyres!

Haha. It was wheels, valves and centre caps I was after, and many parts departments run a mail order side, so I didn't think it was an unreasonable request if I could have put some business his way. :rolleyes:

Not to worry JBD. Thanks for replying. :thumb:

Hi JBD,

Fair play to you for taking the time to respond to all the questions on this thread and for setting it up in the first place, many thanks for your time and effort.

I have a C43 coupe on order and have been told by my dealer that there is a delay with the carbon fibre centre consoles and therefore the car will be delayed. Are you aware of this delay?

It is an option that's in short supply, so I really wouldn't be surprised. It'll be worth the wait I'm sure!

Newbie alert!

Hi JBD, When will the new E class wagon be released and any idea when the next CLS is due to be launched?

Thanks, Chris

Newbie alert!

Hi JBD, When will the new E class wagon be released and any idea when the next CLS is due to be launched?

Thanks, Chris

The estate should be here early November. There's currently no CLS replacement confirmed, so no news on that

Hi JBD.

There is still an issue with the garbage Garmin system. My dealer has raised a ticket or whatever it's called and both they and I have spoken to the CRC. The dealer called me today to say the sat nav was listed on a MB technical update last week and all dealers have been told not to carry out any further software upgrades until 'new' sat nav software is released.

The last update they did has erased all the traffic subscriptions (should be free for life) and so now I get non at all, even TMC.

What does that mean in time terms do you think? And have you seen this technical update at all and can confirm the sat nav is on it?

Thanks.
:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom