What do you want to know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
JBD.

I will be getting a C63 from you for March 1st delivery so will be coming in towards the end of summer to place my order. Couple of questions:

1. Salesmans hat off...is the S worth the extra £7kish or are you just paying for the S badge vanity?

2. Do you offer the Edition 1 decal kit? I think they look immense on the right colour car.

3. Coupe or Saloon? I am dithering between the two. What is the general consensus from where you sit? I know it's totally personal preference but thought I'd ask.

4. Are there likely to be any interior or exterior changes between now and March 18?

Hi,

Some difficult questions there!

I think I'd certainly go for an S model if I was parting with my own cash. Not for the performance, but for the exclusivity and extra kit. From what we've seen in the used car market, the S is holding its value a fair amount more

I can certainly see if the decal kit is available, as I'm sure they'd have to produce it for replacement on damaged cars

Coupe

It's unclear when facelift will arrive at the moment, but I'll certainly keep you updated on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWeaver80 said:
JBD. I will be getting a C63 from you for March 1st delivery so will be coming in towards the end of summer to place my order. Couple of questions: 1. Salesmans hat off...is the S worth the extra £7kish or are you just paying for the S badge vanity? 2. Do you offer the Edition 1 decal kit? I think they look immense on the right colour car. 3. Coupe or Saloon? I am dithering between the two. What is the general consensus from where you sit? I know it's totally personal preference but thought I'd ask. 4. Are there likely to be any interior or exterior changes between now and March 18?

Hi
These are the only significant differences

Mechanical vs electronic rear diff
Silver vs red calipers
Sports vs performance seats
Black vs crystal grey seat belts
Leather vs microfibre steering wheel
Track pack
18 vs19 alloys
34 bhp
Worth £7k ?
A simple remap will see the car at 570bhp for a few hundred pounds.
Do what a friend did order a non S and get the dealer to fit it with a S badge, 97% of folks won't know any better.

Hi
These are the only significant differences

Mechanical vs electronic rear diff
Silver vs red calipers
Sports vs performance seats
Black vs crystal grey seat belts
Leather vs microfibre steering wheel
Track pack
18 vs19 alloys
34 bhp
Worth £7k ?
A simple remap will see the car at 570bhp for a few hundred pounds.
Do what a friend did order a non S and get the dealer to fit it with a S badge, 97% of folks won't know any better.

It's not 7k though, as the residual values are higher, so on a PCP or Contract hire agreement it's going to be less than that.

But the owner will always know. :fail

Why would anyone buy a car with the intension of trying to fool anyone? :dk:

But the owner will always know. :fail

Why would anyone buy a car with the intension of trying to fool anyone? :dk:

Agreed. I see this happening at work and do think it's very sad

Debadging I get and may debadge our S205.

Upbadging, I don't get the point of that at all.

As mentioned already the overwhelming majority of folks won't even know that an S version exists at all, much less know the detailed differences between C63/C63S and even then wouldn't care anyway. The tiny minority that do know the differences are unlikely to be impressed by a little badge. Some that actually purchase the S version are likely to either have a good old chuckle or feel a little miffed that someone is posing as an S owner.

As for the £7k hike in price to get the S version. Seems like poor value to me, but I guess it does get the owner a little more exclusivity/bragging rights to go with a small increase in performance.

E Class Driving Assistance Plus

JBD - 2 questions if I may :-

Is a discount of £ 11.5k on a £ 53k E350e a good deal ?

The description in the manual of Driving Assistance Plus package doesn't mention Drive Pilot as it does on the C & S class - I have Distronic Plus Stop & Go on my C350e - is the E Class package superior ?

JBD - 2 questions if I may :-

Is a discount of £ 11.5k on a £ 53k E350e a good deal ?

The description in the manual of Driving Assistance Plus package doesn't mention Drive Pilot as it does on the C & S class - I have Distronic Plus Stop & Go on my C350e - is the E Class package superior ?

Hi,

Yes, that sounds like a lot of money off!

The E Class system is currently superior to any other model, until the FL S Class arrives later this year, so you shouldn't lose anything

Hi,

Yes, that sounds like a lot of money off!

The E Class system is currently superior to any other model, until the FL S Class arrives later this year, so you shouldn't lose anything

JBD - thanks. I did the deal today, they got some back on the px of my 65 plate C350e but I couldn't face selling it privately. I got £ 22,500 for C350e with almost every option with 17,000 miles and the price reflects delivery of the E350e in September. I thought not too bad with the £ 11k+ discount on the E. Is your dealership interested in just buying the C350e ? (I very much doubt it!)

JBD - thanks. I did the deal today, they got some back on the px of my 65 plate C350e but I couldn't face selling it privately. I got £ 22,500 for C350e with almost every option with 17,000 miles and the price reflects delivery of the E350e in September. I thought not too bad with the £ 11k+ discount on the E. Is your dealership interested in just buying the C350e ? (I very much doubt it!)

Definitely not [emoji23]

Definitely not [emoji23]

JBD - thought that !

Is there a problem with residuals with the plug-ins. The sales guy today said that if my car had been a 220d or petrol he would have torn my arm off as it was all optioned up - he said the market for plug-ins was mostly with businesses and that most ordinary punters are concerned over them - is that what you have found and should I have a little concern over the future residual of the E350e ?

JBD - thought that !

Is there a problem with residuals with the plug-ins. The sales guy today said that if my car had been a 220d or petrol he would have torn my arm off as it was all optioned up - he said the market for plug-ins was mostly with businesses and that most ordinary punters are concerned over them - is that what you have found and should I have a little concern over the future residual of the E350e ?

I think they're just a bit unknown. The argument for a business customer is so convincing, but in the used market I think they're a tad anxiety provoking

Almost certainly decided on the Coupe and the S.

This is the spec I have come up with. Looks gorgeous.

Can't decide on colour. Blue, Selenite or Iridium.
Can't decide on wheels. Black cross spoke or 5 twin spoke.

Think with Blue or Iridium it will be 5 spoke but with Selenite it'll be black.

Also, if the Edition 1 decal kit is available it'll eradicate the blue and push me heavily towards the Selenite...

Decisions, decisions...need to arrange a test drive and place the order soon.

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/pas...rationId=153f70db-88d5-48a3-b913-6726b5dd73b7

I definitely want to test drive. Would like to discuss Business PCP with you too as well as any options you think I might have missed etc.

Also, would like to see the colours in the flesh and get a feel for the interior.

I need to order in time for March 1st delivery which is the day my Maserati goes back. Need to sort the timeline and options but I'm 100% going for C63S Coupe and I'll buy from you!

I definitely want to test drive. Would like to discuss Business PCP with you too as well as any options you think I might have missed etc.

Also, would like to see the colours in the flesh and get a feel for the interior.

I need to order in time for March 1st delivery which is the day my Maserati goes back. Need to sort the timeline and options but I'm 100% going for C63S Coupe and I'll buy from you!

Ok, well let's get the test drive out of the way before autumn hits. I can look at finance campaigns any time from October, as I can guarantee them one quarter ahead. I can give you an indication now though off the current campaign. We have most colours on site too

Sounds good then. I'll sort out some dates, bring the wife along and scare the **** out of her and talk some numbers and finalise some details. I'll then order when I need to to make sure it's delivered on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom