What do you want to know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
JBD - any idea how I can establish what the changes are going to be when they update the "exhaust sound module" software?

Cheers in advance!

JBD - any idea how I can establish what the changes are going to be when they update the "exhaust sound module" software?

Cheers in advance!

On what vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea when information on the facelift V class - including Marco Polo - with the new diesel (V300d) engine will be available?

Pricing was supposed to be last month, but we’re expecting it this month now. It’s June production

Hi, I posted a question here regarding an embargo on the latest GLE 450 - any advice or comments appreciated.

There’s no embargo that I’m aware of, I just believe they they’ve pushed some build slots back from when originally planned

I’m not sure! Have you asked what the update is for? Hopefully not to make it quieter

I did ask and got teh usual MB non-answer:(. Hence my question here :).

Does anyone know when the 2019/2020 model year change from 2019.5 to 2020 will be for the E class and primarily, the estate? Probably another one for JBD but I’m sure that others may know as well.

Many thanks
Paul

Hi JBD, On 4 April i placed an order for a GLE450 and now waitng for a build date. Have you any idea of the usual time scale for this to be issued. This is my first Mercedes motor so iam a little impatient and the dealer seems reluctant to answer emails in a timeley manner.

Well, I hope you hear soon Pfazz. I ordered an E estate on the 20th Feb and still not a word from the dealer. Oh, they are chasing it and it's top priority apparently but I do sometimes wonder. My little order above all those higher value ones? Anyway, we are off to the dealer today and we are leaning heavily to just canceling the order and start again once the model changes and the E gets the new interior. Nothing wrong with our current car so there really is no urgent need for it.

Does anyone know when the 2019/2020 model year change from 2019.5 to 2020 will be for the E class and primarily, the estate? Probably another one for JBD but I’m sure that others may know as well.

Many thanks
Paul

The next model year changes for all models are June production, but it isn’t clear yet what model year the facelift will arrive in. The way things are looking, I’d think the following model year from that

Hi JBD, On 4 April i placed an order for a GLE450 and now waitng for a build date. Have you any idea of the usual time scale for this to be issued. This is my first Mercedes motor so iam a little impatient and the dealer seems reluctant to answer emails in a timeley manner.

450 build slots appear to have a factory hold on them at the moment, which is probably why they’re not advising on a delivery date at the mo. Once the production block is released, things should go smoothly from there

JBD,
I had read somewhere that the next model year E (2020) had the new MBUX infotainment and not necessarily an overall facelift. Does this tally with your understanding?
With a model change coming in June, even though the salesman assured me they changed only in December, I will be canceling the car today. I recall specifically asking when model years change and there was no mention of June. I'm not really inclined to take delivery 10 days before a change if it sticks with the original date. Cutting off my nose to spite my face? Probably, but the silence has been deafening and all I get when I chase are lines of spiel.

Do all new e-class coupe's with Premium Pack have the widescreen cockpit?

I’ve had a call from the sales gent and it was the usual total lack of information. I asked if the MBUX was planned to be fitted to the E class and he didn't know. He was surprised that it is on the internet as well as Car magazine last month, or the month before. I mentioned the current build slot block and he did mention that they are simply not being allocated anything by the factory. I asked about model year changes and he said that IF there was going to be a change he didn’t know what changes would take place. Either MB Germany is being very secretive and keeping UK dealers in the dark or someone is being very reluctant to tell the truth and reveal what he knows.

I’ve had a call from the sales gent and it was the usual total lack of information. I asked if the MBUX was planned to be fitted to the E class and he didn't know. He was surprised that it is on the internet as well as Car magazine last month, or the month before. I mentioned the current build slot block and he did mention that they are simply not being allocated anything by the factory. I asked about model year changes and he said that IF there was going to be a change he didn’t know what changes would take place. Either MB Germany is being very secretive and keeping UK dealers in the dark or someone is being very reluctant to tell the truth and reveal what he knows.

I think you’re getting a bit carried away there. The reason we don’t have allocation yet is that every single car from every manufacturer has to be RDE2 compliant from June production

We won’t get the MY change details until they have the new CO2 emissions, which will then inform the pricing in the brochure. All these things are linked, so we won’t get UK allocation until the emission testing is done and pricing released.

FL is expected to get MBUX, but MB don’t release anything to the dealer network until official launch, so we find out when the public do. I find most info online as you can too

As the new E Class isn’t included in the product training I’m going on in June, I don’t expect that we will see it landing until late this year.

JBD,
I had read somewhere that the next model year E (2020) had the new MBUX infotainment and not necessarily an overall facelift. Does this tally with your understanding?
With a model change coming in June, even though the salesman assured me they changed only in December, I will be canceling the car today. I recall specifically asking when model years change and there was no mention of June. I'm not really inclined to take delivery 10 days before a change if it sticks with the original date. Cutting off my nose to spite my face? Probably, but the silence has been deafening and all I get when I chase are lines of spiel.

Model year change could be as simple as new emissions data. There’s no way that they would install MBUX pre facelift, it makes no sense. June is too close now for it to be the facelift, so it’s unlikely there will be any significant changes from June

Hi James (JBD),
But I don't see how the RDE2 compliance applies to a car that is intended for May delivery. RDE2 will apply from January 2020 for all new models and types of car and from January 2021 for all new registrations. The current model has been subject to RDE1 since September last year so that hurdle has been long dealt with, hasn't it?. I'm just missing the connection between a current car and the proposed future production and regs. The MB factories are still churning out cars in huge numbers so does this blockage apply to all European cars or is it just the UK stock?
I take on board your comments about MY changes and MBUX so thanks for that. It certainly ties up with what I was told earlier. I agree it doesn't seem right to update the interior/infotainment to such a degree without tying it to an exterior facelift. I thought that the E got one of those not long ago. Hopefully, I will be getting a follow-up call as promised in a short while from now.

Hi James (JBD),
But I don't see how the RDE2 compliance applies to a car that is intended for May delivery. RDE2 will apply from January 2020 for all new models and types of car and from January 2021 for all new registrations. The current model has been subject to RDE1 since September last year so that hurdle has been long dealt with, hasn't it?. I'm just missing the connection between a current car and the proposed future production and regs. The MB factories are still churning out cars in huge numbers so does this blockage apply to all European cars or is it just the UK stock?
I take on board your comments about MY changes and MBUX so thanks for that. It certainly ties up with what I was told earlier. I agree it doesn't seem right to update the interior/infotainment to such a degree without tying it to an exterior facelift. I thought that the E got one of those not long ago. Hopefully, I will be getting a follow-up call as promised in a short while from now.

No, MB factories are not still churning out cars. The problem you’re probably the victim of is the factory shut down in April and May. Your dealer for example may expect allocation of 20 E Class per month and were probably allocated 2 in March. They’ve then stopped production of around 20 models for 4-8 weeks until the new compliance is met. For MB, they’re testing all models by June and everything produced before then has to be registered by the end of April or they will be scrapped. Clearly your dealer was expecting a higher allocation, as we were, but that won’t come until June build now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom