What do YOU watch on TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian 1

Car
MB A Class 180d sport
Two good programs on earlier, world at war in colour, actually did show a small section of Oradour-sur-Glane, and great canal journeys through London with Prunella scales and Timothy West.........

Me & Mrs Ant only watch funny stuff. If there's nothing on, it's a DVD or a night of music.

Sometimes we read poetry to each other whilst eating chocolate coated strawberries. :bannana:

Ant. :D

Barely watch Live telly these days apart from the news, Gogglebox and 1st dates.

All my telly comes from YouTube Channels that I can watch at my own leisure :)

Apocalypto later because I fell asleep halfway through watching it when we were on a long journey across Mexico last year :(

There are times when I feel my education in life must be incomplete.

I think I've somewhat misled you.

E.G. 'There was a woman from West Ham, who went for a ride on a tram. She kissed the conductor, who turn round and....................'

Ant. :D

Very little nowadays. I'm enjoying Shetland, loved War and Peace and do like things like the canal journeys. I can't stand the vast majority of it though, it all seems so formulaic and skin deep. Where is the intelligent (or just funny) comedy, the interesting drama, the science or engineering or business, or non-pop culture? It's a wasteland of 300 channels of sweet bugger all.

LMAO Ant, poetry and strawberries.......

Soooooo funny Charles......

Barely watch Live telly these days apart from the news, Gogglebox and 1st dates.

All my telly comes from YouTube Channels that I can watch at my own leisure :)
What about your tv license, seems a waste..........

When I moved house I realised I hadn't watched live tv for months so I cancelled my sky and TV licence. As said above I use youtube a lot and i like to binge watch things back to back on netflix and the android box.

Much relieved to find my first thought was correct.

Deutschland 83, Sherlock and stuff like that. Series like Being Human and the recent Humans floats my boat, and comedy, Family Guy etc. Giant ships, Nazi megastructures( when Mrs 203 isn't watching ), how it's made and Air crash investigation. Nearly forgot Mythbusters.

Last edited:
Predominantly the Discovery channel or History channel for car shows and documentaries.

National Geographic does the odd interesting thing too.

Movies if there's something interesting on but very little traditional TV.

I've just finished watching Narcos on Netflix mainly because it's in 4K and because it's about Pablo Escobar.
Quite a good insight into American policies on the fight against drugs and highlights what a joke Ronald Regan really was being more interested in fighting 'Commies" than the flood of cocaine into America.

Last edited:
BIRMA said:
I've just finished watching Narco on Netflix mainly because it's in 4K and because it's about Pablo Escobar. Quite a good insight into American policies on the fight against drugs and highlights what a joke Ronald Regan really was being more interested in fighting 'Commies" than the flood of cocaine into America.

Narcos is bloody superb, imperative viewing.

Lots of stuff on the BEEB should you care to look. This series of Shetland has been excellent as Charles said and benefited from a shift in locale to Glasgow for part of the story. For sheer escapism the Montelbano series young or old takes a lot of beating- altho slightly pedestrian in places very relaxing. Other crime series from abroad the Bridge, Spiral who feature strong female lead characters are also excellent. There are other gems on BEEB 4 ---historic--- Shipwrecks Britains sunken history was good and I liked Nature's Wonderlands: Islands of Evolution with Prof Richard Fortey a slightly excentric English gentleman abroad with braces!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom