What do YOU watch on TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Brain with David Eagleman.

Definitely not mate, I watch it on the TV but its still totally above board. I actually phoned the TV licensing people who advised me I didn't need a licence.

To be honest I think the whole TV licence thing is a major rip off, it's not as if any of us have entered into a contract with the BBC or even asked them to transmit their stuff to our homes :) .

Of course the licence fee also pays for the BBC radio channels which are free and frequently represent good value.
Programme on this morning- the Life Scientific with Professor Jim Al-Khalili BBC Radio 4 - The Life Scientific where he interviews Nick Lane author of The Vital Question a very popular and accessible science book on the origins of life on earth and possibly other planets :confused: -- The Vital Question by Nick Lane ? a game-changing book about the origins of life | Books | The Guardian
Many many BBC radio programmes are available as free podcasts ---Excellent stuff! :thumb:

+1 for: Breaking Bad (not seen Better Call Saul yet), Game of Thrones, House of Cards, The Americans, Shetland, The Night Manager, War and Peace, Deutschland 83 and the new series of the X-Files.

Other favourites are: Green Wing, Endeavour, Toast of London, River and Homeland (even though they've dragged it out a bit now) and I'm currently watching The Blacklist (and not just because Reddington's car is an S-Class...).

Big Bang Theory
Fast and Loud.

You don't need anything else.

The Mrs watches any old ****.

If home alone, or grab the remote first, it's usually whatever music programmes are available on Iplayer.

Happy Valley was very good tonght, sound is still not good

Binge watched ‘After Life’ today. I urge the Ricky Gervais haters to give it a go. A really emotional watch from the POV of a widower. It’s exactly how I would see my life should the worst happen. 🙏

Just watched Patriot.
If you like dark comedy like Fargo it's definitely worth a watch.
2 series then no more.

Ozark, Schitts Creek, This is Us....mostly Netflix and Prime
Guilty pleasure? Yes its Gogglebox

We watch the odd episode of Ice Cold Killers, Murder by the Sea and Family Guy.

I’ll watch a bit of Wheeler Dealer and Bitchin’ Rides.
Wife watches Columbo, Four in a Bed and Come Dine with Me. Or any other shit.

Recently watched Queens Gambit on Netflix, quite a good mini series, and Mrs likes Bridgerton also on Netflix

Finally got round to watching The Sopranos. Two series in and totally hooked

P.S. Whilst James Gandolfini is brilliant, wonder how Jack Nicholson would have handled the lead role .....

Would I Lie To You, Question of Sport, these for fun: Only Connect, University Challenge and Mastermind to try and keep my old brain working.

Looks like I’m keeping my TV licence, as they’re all on BBC.
I’m always good at the missing vowels round on Only Connect. Apparently it’s something to do with being dyslexic. Mostly I watch it for the fabulous Mrs Mitchell.

Just finished watching the 6 series and 100 odd episodes of Lost, made in the early 2000's
Totally off the scale unbelievable, but so watchable.
The scriptwriters must have been on some heavy duty mind altering stuff to come up with the plots and storylines but it had me hooked for a few weeks.

Back to the iPlayer now to find something else.

I don’t really watch much TV but I do enjoy watching a Columbo or two at the weekend with Mrs D.

I’ll also ride shotgun watching whatever my family are watching: Housewives of Cheshire or Jersey. Four in a Bed. Come Dine with Me.

Just finished watching the 6 series and 100 odd episodes of Lost, made in the early 2000's
Totally off the scale unbelievable, but so watchable.
The scriptwriters must have been on some heavy duty mind altering stuff to come up with the plots and storylines but it had me hooked for a few weeks.

Back to the iPlayer now to find something else.
Never watched it but I remember it.

I watch good films that i have seen 2 or even 3x before . Just looked again for a film or programme to watch to-night . Nothing .But 9pm Pembroke murders episode 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom