What do YOU watch on TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Really enjoyed the walking the nile and walking the Himalayas series, also like the travel based shows simon reeve does.
You also can't beat a bit of big bang theory for mindless amusement.

Normally when we watch tv the programmes are all recorded as the ads really pi** me off.

I watch very little of my own choosing, although I've been enjoying the new series of the X-Files.

I like to literally sit and watch a whole series of something, then move on. Live tv will mainly consist of The Apprentice, Ex on the Beach, Towie (don't judge!) Geordie Shore...

Recent box sets watched include Power, Boardwalk Empire, Weeds, Mount Pleasant, Zoo, The Knick and plenty more

Then I have my favourites I'll stick on when the Internet is down or a rainy day that I could watch over and over and never get bored- like the Royle Family, Phoenix Nights, Max & Paddy, Still Game (my favourite!) Rab C Nesbitt, Harry Enfield & Chums, Pete Versus Life, Breaking Bad etc

Deutschland 83 was very good, subtitle a bit fast but managed it ok, have seen all breaking Bad it was excellent, as is Sopranos, Aircrash investigation also.....

Just recently got into Dexter, so I have eight seasons to watch. This will take me a long time.

I really liked Justified and watched all the seasons over a year.

I'm surprised people have time to watch TV, I need more hours in the day.

Sometimes we read poetry to each other whilst eating chocolate coated strawberries. :bannana:

Ant. :D

Really? I prefer being coated in chocolate and strawberries whilst......oh never mind.

When I moved house I realised I hadn't watched live tv for months so I cancelled my sky and TV licence. As said above I use youtube a lot and i like to binge watch things back to back on netflix and the android box.

Are you sure you don't need a licence for those, or do you watch only on the computer?

E55BOF said:
Are you sure you don't need a licence for those, or do you watch only on the computer?

Not for any of those, computer/Netflix/Android/Firestick

Definitely not mate, I watch it on the TV but its still totally above board. I actually phoned the TV licensing people who advised me I didn't need a licence.

To be honest I think the whole TV licence thing is a major rip off, it's not as if any of us have entered into a contract with the BBC or even asked them to transmit their stuff to our homes :) .

Now that the BBC only have access to BBC3 online, I've just cancelled my direct debit and set set up a new one reduced by 1/4....only 3 stations available to me and 1x online that I have to nanny about with to get a decent programme......not what I signed up for !!!

I like bingeing on box sets too. Maybe not all in one go lol.

West wing. Game of Thrones - amazing how much easier it was to work out who was who second time around.
Just watched first series of Californication.
Thoroughly enjoy foreign series. Bridge. Camelion. Isabel.

Watched the Night Manager last night, with absolutely excellent performances from Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie (among others). A great replacement for War and Peace!

Peppa Pig this weekend with young grandchild in charge of the tv controls.

"Breaking bad" and the spinoff "Better Call Saul".. essential viewing.

Spy series "The Americans" was so good they canned it...

And for the Home-Grown stuff......err.......... "Would I lie to you" is funny, "Have I Got News For YOu " has kept up the standard, and "Fifth Gear" is sorely missed.....a Car Show for people who like cars......now there's a novelty.

Getting into Royal Navy school at the moment and also watching loads of CSI's etc. My 10 year old has started watching The Voice UK and due to her sheltered upbringing in Skiathos, she isn't too sure what to make of Boy George.

The Night Manager is looking promising, recently watched Good with Viggo Mortensen, Jacob Isaacs and Mark Strong, excellent fayre.

House of Cards with Kevin Spacey was excellent, but watching more films recently than TV series / serials...excluding the ever excellent QI.

Football, films and Sky Atlantic.

Generally have BBC news or Bloomberg on in the background, if pottering about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom