What does everyone thing of this car ramp product?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SaRO1321

Car
C63 AMG W204 Alfra Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

It showed up in my feeds on Facebook. I haven't bought it. Just wanted to see what you guys think. A bit worried at how cheap they are....don't want to die 😅

Might have a shelf life? like hard hats etc.

At that price , worth a go
they don’t look as high as metal ramps ?

I'm with 190, the view from underneath is scary, not really something I'd want to try.

They are not too dissimilar to the one used to level a caravan / motorhome. Our caravan weighs about 750kg per wheel and they take the weight easily on hard ground (I've bent one on soft grass though) These are cheaper than caravan ones and do look a little less substantial but most cars don't have 1500kg axle weights.

I've looked at various ramps before because the Alfa is a pain to get off the ground. Basically the proper jacking points are too far back from the front and are close to the centre of rotation of the car - so you jack the front and the rear is almost off the ground as well. I'd probably just use these in place of a jack and then put axle stands underneath somewhere in case there was a catastrophic failure.

The description says it all "it has very high toughness"
I value my car and my life, so wouldn't put a car anywhere near that.

The description says it all "it has very high toughness"
I value my car and my life, so wouldn't put a car anywhere near that.
Yeh and I don't have the 'high toughness' to take the risk 😂

You can get caravan levelling ramps for a similar price from reputable places that would do instead.

I'd use them but only for raising the car; I definitely wouldn't get underneath it though. As I can't think of a reason why I'd want just to raise the car for the sake of it, I can't see the point.

If you use them for levelling a caravan the worst that can happen is a bump in the night and possibly a burst tyre if it collapses. They might have 'toughhness' but how tough is tough ;)

I've looked at various ramps before because the Alfa is a pain to get off the ground. Basically the proper jacking points are too far back from the front and are close to the centre of rotation of the car - so you jack the front and the rear is almost off the ground as well. I'd probably just use these in place of a jack and then put axle stands underneath somewhere in case there was a catastrophic failure.
When I had a GTV I found this trait to be really useful when rotating the wheels! My daughter still hates me for selling that car, and I tend to agree with her.

When I had a GTV I found this trait to be really useful when rotating the wheels! My daughter still hates me for selling that car, and I tend to agree with her.
They’re getting quite rare now. Ive always said mines a keeper. We did a fantastic road trip through Europe in it for my 40th, that was 8 years ago. I think 10 countries in the end. We only saw one other one on the whole trip! My wife loved the trip so much she says we can never sell it! :)

They’re getting quite rare now. Ive always said mines a keeper. We did a fantastic road trip through Europe in it for my 40th, that was 8 years ago. I think 10 countries in the end. We only saw one other one on the whole trip! My wife loved the trip so much she says we can never sell it! :)
I bought mine on eBay after a bottle of wine, on my wife's eBay account. She came down stairs the next morning absolutely fuming and I'd forgotten that I'd done it. She grew to like it, but as with the 147 she had previously had she hated how vulnerable it was to parking dinks so didn't drive it much so wasn't fussed when we finally sold it to fund the ML that we needed for towing. God I miss that engine though.

Screenshot_20210307-101004_Chrome.jpg

My vintage plastic ones are looking suitably robust .

20210307_155731.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom