What does everyone use ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doo01

Car
CLS63s
… by way of a pressure washer and snow foaming? Its such a pain having to set up the pressure washer every time you want to give the car a good snow foam and pressure wash. What’s everyone else doing / using?

I always snow foam but sometimes I only need to do a contactless wash, due to the ceramic coating.
I use an Ava P60 Evolution; the hose and cable managment systerms make it much quickly to set up and put away, compared to my old Karacher K4.

I always snow foam but sometimes I only need to do a contactless wash, due to the ceramic coating.
I use an Ava P60 Evolution; the hose and cable managment systerms make it much quickly to set up and put away, compared to my old Karacher K4.
Still abit of a set up? Hoses/ cables etc everywhere

… by way of a pressure washer and snow foaming? Its such a pain having to set up the pressure washer every time you want to give the car a good snow foam and pressure wash. What’s everyone else doing / using?
I never do it any other way. Sometimes I will pop into a local self service place and use their pressure washer (no soap) and spotless rinse.

Don't think your gonna, get away from, "the hoses / cables everywhere" can't be helped, can it? I use a Karcher K4 and Autoglym Polar Blast Snow foam, it's good stuff. 🙂👍

It is a pain, for me it’s the worse part of the job, especially when I have to bring everything up from my outside basement door.

When I had mine ceramic coated, Kelly at KDS said not to bother with snow foam, apparently he doesn’t think it does anything significant. I have taken his advise to a certain point, so only use snowfoam every 3rd wash or so.

I feel your pain. I have limited space on my driveway, so hoses, cables and the actual washer are always being tripped over/sworn at. It is a pain to setup but the results are worth it.

I use a local car cleaning company, they do an excellent job and you can sit, wait and watch and they do take care of my car, plus to do the outside, windows inside and out and door shuts for £10, great value been using them for over a year now.

Bucket and sponge for me - Water from the tap that has been through the water softener in the house...... I only use the pressure washer for the underside and inner wings.

The chamois come out to dry the car....

I use a local car cleaning company, they do an excellent job and you can sit, wait and watch and they do take care of my car, plus to do the outside, windows inside and out and door shuts for £10, great value been using them for over a year now.
Nothing like a drop of brick acid to polish up your wheels :(😁😁

kc

No they don't do that, use jet and then multiple buckets new cloths regularly I'm happy with them but it does vary considerably place to place

I use this best thing i ever bought easy to put together

Cordless jet washers are useful but unless you have multiple batteries then you may find operating time limited. I have a couple of Karcher cordless and four batteries, which will was one car but need to be recharged before doing the next.

Alternatively you could buy a long hose to replace the one between your jet washer and the lance, so that you leave the jet washer - including the power cable and hose (from the tap to the pressure washer) in one place.

if even that is too much of a pain then you could leave your pressure washer always in position, perhaps mounted to the wall, a similar set up to the jet washes found in fuel filling stations. Then there’s not set-up or pack-away required.

If even that is too much of a pain, get someone else to do it!

Must admit, I bought I Worx Hydroshot, didn't like it, took it back, wasn't much better then the hose pipe with a good nozzle on, only my opinion of course. 🙂

Cordless jet washers are useful but unless you have multiple batteries then you may find operating time limited. I have a couple of Karcher cordless and four batteries, which will was one car but need to be recharged before doing the next.

Alternatively you could buy a long hose to replace the one between your jet washer and the lance, so that you leave the jet washer - including the power cable and hose (from the tap to the pressure washer) in one place.

if even that is too much of a pain then you could leave your pressure washer always in position, perhaps mounted to the wall, a similar set up to the jet washes found in fuel filling stations. Then there’s not set-up or pack-away required.

If even that is too much of a pain, get someone else to do it!
Exactly what I did, got a longer hose, so now the karcher stays in one place. It is a faf if u have a shorter hose, and then one has to move karcher around.

Maybe a stupid question but what length hoses are you using, mines a karcher but the hose is so stiff and coily

I don’t use the standard one which came with the machine. I bought another one, not from karcher though, this is a proper rubber one, can order the size one wants.

Got mine from the guys below they are in NI.

Maybe of intrest to others.

Must admit, I bought I Worx Hydroshot, didn't like it, took it back, wasn't much better then the hose pipe with a good nozzle on, only my opinion of course. 🙂
Yes i agree there not very powerfull but my car is ceramic coated so dont need a jet wash as such I use it to snow foam and rinse

Yes i agree there not very powerfull but my car is ceramic coated so dont need a jet wash as such I use it to snow foam and rinse

The Karcher isn’t powerful either, and so is probably not up to removing thick winter grime or mud prior to a contact wash but is more than powerful enough to do a normal wash for 10 or 11 months of the year.

I find it’s useful for quickly hosing down fresh mud/dirt/salt. It’s also ideal when there’s no power or water nearby, as you can drop the hose into a bucket or water, and the motor generates the water pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom