What does it mean - Multifunction Display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dad4geer

Car
W204 C180 AMG Sport
Hey everyone, quick question if you guys can help. I am in learning phase for my new Merc C180 (2012) and was wondering what this sign means in MF display? I did not see this sign when I got the car but for last few days as soon as I start driving it (put in D) this sign pops up in MF display. I may have been fiddling with controls trying to learn them and don't know if unknowingly I have activated something..:dk:

Attachments

• seat_belt.JPG
    seat_belt.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 58
Hi

It's showing rear seat occupancy. If someone is sat in the back with the belt on it will show a seat is occupied. It pops up even if no one is in the back.

Hi

It's showing rear seat occupancy. If someone is sat in the back with the belt on it will show a seat is occupied. It pops up even if no one is in the back.

Thanks mate...but no one sat in the back of the car since I have it :crazy:

But..I think I did put some groceries bags on the foot of back seats. Not on the seats but near foot space.. does that have to do anything with this? :wallbash:

I think if you press ok on the steering wheel buttons you are acknowledging the message & the display reverts to normal

dad4geer said:
Thanks mate...but no one sat in the back of the car since I have it :crazy: But..I think I did put some groceries bags on the foot of back seats. Not on the seats but near foot space.. does that have to do anything with this? :wallbash:

When someone is sat in a rear seat the display will change and show the seat that's occupied with a belt across it. As above you can select ok to get rid of it.

That feature could be really useful if some scrote is hiding in the back waiting to cut your throat and take your car when you reach a deserted area. I can't see any use for it, other than 'brochure appeal' gimmickry, in any other circumstances though...

That feature could be really useful if some scrote is hiding in the back waiting to cut your throat and take your car when you reach a deserted area.

I can't see any use for it, other than 'brochure appeal' gimmickry, in any other circumstances though...

Its a good feature in the event if kids in the back have not got their seat belts on or take them off while your driving.

that feature could be really useful if some scrote is hiding in the back waiting to cut your throat and take your car when you reach a deserted area. I can't see any use for it, other than 'brochure appeal' gimmickry, in any other circumstances though...

:d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom