what does the 3 blue marks on a spring mean?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zaen1

Car
c200 sport/c43 amg
Hi,basically had the car jacked up today changing the wheels and noticed the 3 blue marks/lines on the suspension spring,this was on my c43, so i had a look on my c200 sport and on those springs was 1 blue line/marker. Can anyone tell me what this kind of marking is used for.
Thanks in advance

The springs for each car are determined by which options are fitted at the factory, as they have a bearing on the vehicle's final weight. The coloured marks are just a way of knowing which spring is which.

There is a table somewhere which gives each factory option a number of points. Add up the ones which apply to the particular car and it'll lie in one of a set of bands, each of which will have a spring code allocated.

If you replace the springs you'll need to note the colour code for supplier.

Theres also nipples on the rubber bush (will this get through the swear filter? Lol) on the end of the spring to determine ride height. 3 blobs is high, none is low i think.

Theres also nipples on the rubber bush (will this get through the swear filter? Lol) on the end of the spring to determine ride height. 3 blobs is high, none is low i think.

Nipples on the bush? Better get my head under their and have a look:D:D

If you replace the springs you'll need to note the colour code for supplier.

This is a good reason to get your replacement springs from a MB dealership.

When i replaced mine on my 202 estate i just bought generic ones off ecp or gsf. Looked fine, ride height was spot on stock.

FWIW some aftermarket suppliers can get you a spring to your colour code requirements. More often than not they will just supply the generic middle of the road item that they keep in stock.

i had to replace a front spring on my c270, MB main deeler were cheaper than after market!! after a bit of haggling in the parts department.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom