what does this info light mean?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bingy

Car
C220
What does this warning message mean? the 3 people in seats !! nobody in rear!
cant seem to find it in Handbook!

Attachments

• Car warning light.jpg
    Car warning light.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 46
Well that is a new one,come on all you experts what is it.

Something to do with rear seat occupancy sensor which will show up red if someone sits in the back without the seatbelt on.....................I think:D

I get that when first starting mine, but the occupants are coloured green.
I've not worked out what it is too, I'll have to check when the back is occupied.

Well it could be 3 illegal immigrants in your boot,have you been to France lately

I get that when first starting mine, but the occupants are coloured green.
I've not worked out what it is too, I'll have to check when the back is occupied.

On some models the three seat belt lights come on after engine start.

There is no rear seat occupancy sensor on these models, i.e. it is just a reminder regardless of whether the rear seats are occupied or not.

The lights will go out one at a tine when the corresponding rear seat belt is buckled. If no seat belts are buckled, then it will go out anyway after x minutes from the start of the journey.

The light does go out after a few seconds, so maybe it is just checking the rear seats !
I will have to get someone to sit in rear with and without seat belt on and see what changes.

Just a reminder to the driver, there are no occupancy sensors on the rear seats

Pretty sure it'll make no difference if you do. The indication goes out after a few seconds anyway?

whitenemesis said:
Pretty sure it'll make no difference if you do. The indication goes out after a few seconds anyway?

On mine it stays on until you press play, which is generally a few yards into negotiating the turn out of my car park and steering, trying to press a button upside down is a pain lol

Leaving them plugged in stops mine

Cheers guys, nothing to worry about then, so its back to the exhaust smell coming into the cqbin in my other post lol

cheers again

Check in the menu system. On my A207 I can turn the reminder function off in the menu system if I want to get rid of it altogether.

Press OK on steering wheel to delete :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom