What don’t I know?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrivateHireGuy

Car
EQS 450+ AMG Line.
Hey all, newb here.

I’m picking up my 2019 E300 E SE next weekend, and there‘s clearly a lot to gen up on.

So, I don’t know what I don’t know, so all pointers are welcome.

Cheers.

Make yourself familiar with the user manual that should be in the glove box.
There's lots to learn on any new car and the manual is a great reference for any button/switch you are unsure about.
It's fun learning.

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

Is this your first MB ? :)

I assume that this is the diesel hybrid. Imho it is a daft concept; part of the time the e220d part of the car is dragging around an electric motor, batteries and hybrid tech, then the puny battery pulls the diesel motor around for short periods. Based on what I have seen on this forum over the last couple of years I would definitely not buy one. To take away some of your "unknowns" do a search on mb nox and ad blue problems (the euro 6 diesel part of the drive train) and separately search mb hybrid problems.

I assume that this is the diesel hybrid. Imho it is a daft concept; part of the time the e220d part of the car is dragging around an electric motor, batteries and hybrid tech, then the puny battery pulls the diesel motor around for short periods. Based on what I have seen on this forum over the last couple of years I would definitely not buy one. To take away some of your "unknowns" do a search on mb nox and ad blue problems (the euro 6 diesel part of the drive train) and separately search mb hybrid problems.
It’s a petrol hybrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom