What E class Estate to buy!!!???!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

After Shock

Car
E320 CDI 320 Estate. AMG wheels
I'm really getting lost as there are so many cars out there!!!!!

Ok. Kinda decided on a 320. (500 a tad to thirsty??)

So reading about this one I'm quite struck!!!!!!

2005 05 Mercedes Benz E320 CDi Diesel Avantgarde Estate - 5 Speed Automatic.

Finished In Melanite Black with Anthracite Leather interior & Maple Wood Trim.

Specification Includes : 5 Speed Tiptronic Automatic, COMAND DVD Navigation, 7 Seats, Brink Detachable Towbar, Electric Front Seats with Memories, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Heated Front Seats, Front Loading 6 Play CD, Harman Kardon Logic 7 Surround Sound System, Multi Function Leather Bound Steering Wheel trimmed with Maple Wood, AMG Sports Suspension, Parktronic Parking Aid Front & Rear with Display, Cruise Control with Speed Limiter, Bi Xenon Headlamps with Headlamp Wash, Phone Prep with Bluetooth, Larger Fuel Tank ( 80 Litres ), ESP Traction Control, 6 Airbags, Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror, Electrically Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Screen Washers, Rear Load Cover with Built In Load Restraint ( Dog Guard ), 17 Inch 5 Twin Spoke Alloy Wheels.

Factory Fitted Options Include : COMAND DVD Navigation, 7 Seats, Brink Detachable Tow Bar, Full Electric Drivers & Front Passenger Seat with Memories, Heated Front Seats, Parktronic Parking Aid, Harman Kardon Logic 7 Surround Sound System, Maple Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel, 6 Play CD, 17 Inch Twin Spoke Alloy Wheel Upgrade, AMG Sports Suspension, Bi- Xenon Headlamps with Headlamp Wash, Phone Prep with Bluetooth, 80 Litre Fuel Tank, Metallic Paint.

Full Service History Detailed As Follows :
20.02.2006 - Service @ 16005 Miles by Mercedes Benz Main Agent.
11.05.2007 - Service @ 29757 Miles by Mercedes Benz Main Agent.
17.10.2008 - Service @ 49937 Miles by Mercedes Benz Main Agent.
02.02.2010 - Service @ 65222 Miles by Independent Service Agent.
09.03.2011 - Service @ 76382 Miles by Independent Service Agent.
13.03.2012 - Service @ 86458 Miles by Independent Service Agent.

Current MOT Test to 22nd August 2013 with NO Advisory Items.

Emissions 201 g/km Co2 - 6 Months Road Fund Licence = £148.50 - 12 Months = £270.00.

Current Tax Disc Runs to 28.02.2013.

Exceptional Value Mercedes Benz 6 Cylinder Diesel Estate With a Very High Specification. I am struggling to think of any more useful optional extras that this car could have ! This car will offer extremely good value for the next owner. Its a very rare colour being Melanite Black - In normal light it looks just like Obsidian Black Metallic, but with the Sunlight on the car ( Very Rare this year ? ) , it has a trace of Bottle Green. Very well Maintained First with Mercedes Benz, then with the Same Independent Service Agent to date. I am told by the Previous Owner that the car was £54000 New ! I can not stress enough what good value this is for only Ten Grand !

These cars hold a reputation for " going on forever ", and when maintained like this, it should be the last car that you ever need to buy.

Supplied with 2 Main Remote Keys along with all Service / Vehicle Handbooks, and with a History File Containing a VOSA MOT Report showing all MOT's to verify mileage and a Full Experian Auto-Data Report to confirm the vehicles good provenance and to confirm the vehicle has no adverse information recorded against the following registers: Stolen, High Risk, Finance, ABI Condition Alert, Scrapped, Plate Change, Export Data, Import Data, Extra Data. - The history file also contains - All old MOT certificates, & Most Maintenance Invoices along with old tax discs etc.

Supplied with 3 Months Parts & Labour Warranty which can be upgraded at modest extra cost up to 36 months.

Will the suspension upgrade be noticeable?

Is the price about right? £9995. With that mileage?

So. What do you make of it?

Thanks
David

Looks a decent spec. Seven seats, Comand, Parktronic all add a bit to the value. The other options I would view as things the original owner bought and paid for - don;t think they make any difference to the value at this stage. Presumably on an 05 plate this is the older in-line 6; do a quick search on here for the pros and cons of that versus the later V6 - but both are good engines. 5 speed auto was replaced within months of this car with the 7 speed; again, a quick search will find you fans and critics of both.

Main issues to watch for. It may have had the old Valeo radiator issue (they leaked coolant into the 'box) but if so it will have been long fixed. I think it might or might not be fully galvanised at that age - mine is a '55 and is, but I think it was one of the earlier ones. So that is definitely worth checking - rust was an issue on the earlier 211s.

Price - I think there's probably a bit of movement there, but not a great deal. My car is slightly higher mileage, slightly lower spec, but a bit newer, so maybe similar value, and I'd probably be looking at about £7k trade-in. Once the dealer has checked it over, done the odd cosmetic (stone chip, the odd little dint etc), paid for the warranty, he's probably got a stand-in value of pushing £8k, and the rest would be margin. Pump the details into one of the online guides (the versions where you pay a few quid to specify mileage and options) and see what it throws up; from a dealer, I'd possibly be looking to get this for about £9k.

Assuming the vehicle in the metal is as described, then I wouldn't be over concerned about the mileage. It would probably be worth a quick call to the indy who has maintained it for the last three years to see if there's anything you need to know.

Don't get a V6 7 speed. That sounds nice.

:D:D Aftershock - you may not have been on here long enough to pick this up, but Steve (***) is a renowned V6 and 7G (7 speed auto) hater - in fairness, he had a shockingly bad experience, but also in fairness you will find plenty who like them....:thumb:

Academic for the one you're looking at, I think.

Sounds right to me good luck with the purchase

price sounds toppy but about right. my son has an 06 e280 avantgarde estate v6 with 7 speed box thats silky smooth he gave 12k for that 18 month ago with 67k on it

get whoever is going to service it to go over it with a fine tooth comb before parting with hard earned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom