What features would you like to see on W213 2016 E-Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aquiss

I was lying in bed the other night (as you do :D ) and was thinking of things I would ideally like to see on the W213 2016 E-Class.

- Retain the double Led eyebrows as I have on my current ILS headlights. My fear is they will drop back to a single LED strip like on C-Class and S-Class new designs, yet it's the current 2 eyebrows that people stop me and talk about being so eye catching....it always gets a lot of people turning heads.

- A small thing, but any chance of a heated steering wheel. The current car has heated water bottle, heated windscreen sprays and heated seats...nice, but my little fingers need a little love to :)

- Heated front windscreen. I know this may still have licensing issues (I believe Ford may still own IP on it), but maybe Mercedes could just cough up a little.

-A silly little thing, but I like how the A-Class has the Mercedes Benz words in door sill panels light up at night. A little thing, but a nice touch.

- Things that I think should become standard features:
"Speed Limit Assist and Traffic Sign Assist", which I've found very useful in areas I simply don't know. This was a small cost option on my current car.

"Reversing Camera" which I actually miss once I borrowed an A-Class demo whilst my car was being serviced.

"Multi-contour seats". I'll say it until I'm red in the face, the seats in my E-Class are so uncomfortable. At this purchase price, better seats should be standard.

"Blind Spot Assist" - Maybe Mercedes can start to move a bit of it's safety features into the standard features list?

With the new C-Class settings quite a high standard, it will be interesting to see how far up they take the E-Class.

What are other forum members thoughts/wishlists?

Get rid of any driver aids so people start concentrating on their driving rather than thinking the car will always save them;

Normal sized wheels.

Massive v8 and a manual box.

Laser guns.

No rust.

Get rid of any driver aids so people start concentrating on their driving rather than thinking the car will always save them;

Normal sized wheels.

Massive v8 and a manual box.

Laser guns.

No rust.

Yes
Yes
Yes, No
Yes, but in only in pairs.:D

I'd LOVE a heated front screen, and a reversing camera on the estate. Got the big V8. Manual box - no thanks; the auto is just so GOOOOOD, and there's always the Tiptronic or the little switches on the wheel if you must. Wouldn't have LEDs if I could avoid them; Dahling, they're SO last year...

There was me misreading the title and thinking they were bringing back the W123 for 2016 .

Wishful thinking .

Then again , everyone is 'going retro' with new models harking back to the styling of older ones - just look at the SLS and the SLK , both of which are styled to resemble distant ancestors .

A 'traditional looking' but modern Mercedes saloon could prove very popular .

Interesting list. Although reversing camera and blind spot assistance are already on the options list.

In terms of seats I sort of agree with you. The seats in our Honda Accord are extremely comfortable. I had new c-class as a loan car and I didn't find the seats particularly comfortable especially in the under thigh length. I also drove a eclass coupe with multi contour seats and whilst they were good I didn't find them massively comfortable either.

I thought the patent on heated front screens had expired. My mate's new Jag has one as standard.

Freelander I tried the other day had one too, and heated steering wheel, which I hate to admit I really liked. :D

I would like to see better interior materials on the new E with some decent seats.

And softer damping too, as a Merc should be comfortable and the fact the 5 series and A6 are both far more comfy is shocking imho.

Other thing is more direct steering, none of this paramter steering cobblers, a variable steering rack is a stupid idea imho.

One that does 0-60 in less than four seconds and sounds like 6.2 n/a.

Does anything else matter? :D

I thought the patent on heated front screens had expired. My mate's new Jag has one as standard.

Freelander I tried the other day had one too

Isn't the common denominator between these two the fact that they both used to be under Ford ownership as part of the premier automotive group. It's probably a hangover from then.

I had a Mondeo with heated front screen and liked the idea, didn't like seeing the heating elements.

For the amount of time we need it in the UK, I'll stick with clear vision.

I'd like to see the instrument cluster swapped over with command screen. A quick glance is all you need for the speedo, fuel gauge etc but the music info and sat nav would be better right in front of your eyes. Also the infra red camera for night vision would be much better situated above the drivers head and not in the centre of the car

Also the infra red camera for night vision would be much better situated above the drivers head and not in the centre of the car

I find the image in the sat nav screen is also in the wrong place.

It's hard to drive ahead whilst looking at a diagonally located image.

I find the image in the sat nav screen is also in the wrong place.

It's hard to drive ahead whilst looking at a diagonally located image.

That's right John, the view on the screen is not your normal driving view

Could they please make the cabriolet the same size as the saloon

The E-class really could do with a more powerful Diesel engine (and the option of 4wd). Audi and BMW seem to sell well enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom