What filter sits in C63 Filter box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jovie

Car
Bmw
Hi Guys,
Is there a filter supposed to sit in the filter box thats in the corner of the bonnet behind the engine partition on the passenger side?
There is no filter on mine but looking in to the body it looks like there might be a filter that sits there.
There is a fan in there.
I had the car in for a service but nothing was said and no filter fitted.
The casing I am talking about is on the opposite side of the fuse box in the same location.

I think you're referring to the pollen filter.
It purifies/ cleans the air that comes into the cabin.

You're all about the filters today, aren't you! lol :D

I was trying to find that out when i came across the charcoal filter posts.
Do you know if this filter sits in the filter housing or in the vehicle body?
There are two holes in the body and one of them has a lip with a seal on it at an angle just above the fan, looks like it might sit there.

I was trying to find that out when i came across the charcoal filter posts.
Do you know if this filter sits in the filter housing or in the vehicle body?
There are two holes in the body and one of them has a lip with a seal on it at an angle just above the fan, looks like it might sit there.

The pollen filter is housed on its own, usually in the back corner of the engine bay where you mentioned.

Not too sure about the C63's but mine has 2 clips which you release to access the filter housing.
Release the clips and open the filter housing and you can then swap it out for a new one (if that's what you're wanting to do).

And yes, my pollen filter has an angular side to it too, with a rubber trim around it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom