What food do you dislike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another vote for sweetcorn. If you eat it as corn on the cob, all you get is a lot of wasted energy just to get the taste of butter, and otherwise it's just got no taste.

Andouillette. Foul stuff. Oh, and (for historic reasons) cheesecake - unless I don't know what it is, in which case I love it. .

Another vote for sweetcorn. If you eat it as corn on the cob, all you get is a lot of wasted energy just to get the taste of butter, and otherwise it's just got no taste.

You've not had really fresh sweetcorn then. When my wife visits family in Norfolk, she brings a sack of freshly picked. Keeps well in freezer with husk to protect it. Really, really tasteful - you don't actually need butter. Agree about the "wasted energy" though!!

Don't mind mind some shellfish but detest Rollmops 🤮

I'm not a fussy eater and will eat most 'normal' things but also it would depend on how hungry I am. Amongst the more 'unusual' things I have eaten are monkey meat, whale meat & sheep's brain. 😵

In terms of readily available food I can't think of anything that I wouldn't eat.

If I had to pick something then I'm not keen on white on white, I had a meal in France which was veal 5 ways all of which were white, served in a white sauce with white mashed potato. It wasn't so much the taste but the texture and whiteness of it all.

I'm not a fan of baked beans and mashed potato together, separate is fine but not combined.

I love shellfish but went a bit overboard (LOL) last year in Cornwall and was quite ill, would do it again though.

One of my favourite things is a blind taster menu where you don't know what to expect.

I like sushi but not tartare. I once ordered steak tartare for lunch in a restaurant in Paris. I'd heard about it but had no idea that it was basically just raw meat. My French colleagues asked me if I was sure and I just smiled and nodded.

When it arrived it was as if a bowl of raw mince had been upended on my plate.

Not wanting to lose face I ate the lot. I ended up with chronic indigestion for the next three days.

Gah.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Butter beans. I've never liked them. Awfully bland and I can't see the point in ingesting them.

I can't bring myself to eat lobster. The way it is cooked is bloody outrageous.

I like sushi but not tartare. I once ordered steak tartare for lunch in a restaurant in Paris. I'd heard about it but had no idea that it was basically just raw meat. My French colleagues asked me if I was sure and I just smiled and nodded.

When it arrived it was as if a bowl of raw mince had been upended on my plate.

Not wanting to lose face I ate the lot. I ended up with chronic indigestion for the next three days.

Gah.
It should have been chopped rather than minced.

I enjoy tartare as much for the additions as the meat but have no problem with a perfect piece of meat chopped raw, I like it served with a raw egg yolk on top and some potato rosti on the side.

I also enjoy salmon tartare and really like salmon eggs as a garnish to fish dishes.

It should have been chopped rather than minced.

I enjoy tartare as much for the additions as the meat but have no problem with a perfect piece of meat chopped raw, I like it served with a raw egg yolk on top and some potato rosti on the side.

I first made it as a chef (lot of years ago!) when on a little study tour in France. It wasn't chopped so much as scraped with a blunt'ish knife, leaving behind any sinew. Difficult to explain. Tasted way better than I anticipated

I’ll eat most things, but in my old age I find shellfish don’t like me as much as I like them. Sadly the more I persevere the worse it seems to get. :(
The one thing I haven’t been able to eat since my youth is lamb. As a teenager I had a saturday job in a butchers shop. On a Saturday I’d have to strip and clean the bandsaw. It was only used to cut up lamb chines. It wouldn’t have been cleaned since the previous Saturday, and in the summer it would be pretty ripe. The smell of that has never left me, and I can’t smell lamb cooking without being right back there in that cutting room, Damn shame really.

I must admit I can almost anything, well anything that’s food.
This pleases the missus as she can cook anything and I’ll eat it.

Andouillette. Foul stuff. Oh, and (for historic reasons) cheesecake - unless I don't know what it is, in which case I love it. .

+1 on the Andouillette. I tried it as the “menu du jour” whilst holidaying in Brittany. It was something akin to a deep fried donkey’s knob stuffed with barely-cooked chopped-up rabbit‘s intestines which were hairy.

Oh. Both cucumber and celery can be thrown in room 101.

Badly cooked, Covid-19 (lost taste) or low quality product :) . Sweet corn properly done, is very tasty.

How about those whole sparrows (Ortolans) force fed to fatten them, drowned & marinaded in Armanac, then deep fried and eaten whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom