What for 25K

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
No longer a Benz...
Mt brother-in-law has 25k to spend on a new motor, now he likes a Merc and for his money he can get CL500, C32.. maybe a high miler C55.. what are your thoughts... He really wants the CL500 but I remember Matt having suspension problems with one of his three that he had, so any feedback would be most grateful.

The C32 is plentiful out there, but he wants a black one, so any goods or bads on this would also be good.

Other than that what else could he get??? I thought Maserati 3200, and RS Audi??? He's had an Audi for the last 3 years but wants a large Coupe or something real quick....

No Evo, Subarus, Nissans or the alike......

Any help grateful.....

If I had 25k to spend, it'd either be a an Audi RS6, a Toureg V10 or a Maser 3200....

CL500 is a mega beast of a car. Fabulous to drive, awesome in its ride, wonderful looking and great performance. Way ahead of the others. Different league.

What about a CL55 NA (ie, not the supercharged '55). Might be lucky and find a nice one for the cash?

Is the W215 likely to drop much in the near future as the new model is now out?

Will

CL500 is a mega beast of a car. Fabulous to drive, awesome in its ride, wonderful looking and great performance. Way ahead of the others. Different league.
I go along weith that but you might just squeeze in the CL600. I have no experience of htis engine and don't know how it compares to the 500. Unfortunately you are probably just outside the reach of a CL55AMG and if on were to sneak into your price range I might be a little wary?

Good hunting
John

If it were my 25K:

I might have considered a B5 RS4 and nice bundle of change, but not now I've had the B5 S4, just too samey and perhaps a bit too dated. A classic however with low depreciation.

I'd look at C32's as for £25K you are nicely in budget, even a nice low miler.

I'd drive a RS6 as budget would get you medium miler monster barge with many toys. They handle well and you start with a 450BHP 4.2 V8 twin turbo that has nore to bring. It is a big car though, wouldn't go in my garage!

I'd have a go in a B6 S4. 4.2 V8 NA 344BHP. Budget spot on again. Nice contender this one IMO.

I'd be looking at an E39 M5. Room for a full spec low miler with history there and maybe some change.

I'd be looking at E46 M3s too, would eat the whole budget for a nice one, but apart from the popularity it is a winner I think.

What are his must haves? Within Warranty, insurance levels, power, toys, prestige, practicle attributes, ie family, dogs etc or is it just £25k to blow on a toy for him?

Thanks Guys for your replies.... All top motas....

Pammy.... Warranty a must on a luxury coupe or barge... as many toys as possible, he has a daughter, no wife, no animals ( other than some he may pick up at the local club)... so in essence a fast prestige mota to be used as a daily driver...

He drove a CL500 yesterday but I put him off it as it had had a full respray and a new dash to fix an electronic problem..... there are plenty of CL500s out there... so I told him to move on.....

Thanks Guys for your replies.... All top motas....

Pammy.... Warranty a must on a luxury coupe or barge... as many toys as possible, he has a daughter, no wife, no animals ( other than some he may pick up at the local club)... so in essence a fast prestige mota to be used as a daily driver...

He drove a CL500 yesterday but I put him off it as it had had a full respray and a new dash to fix an electronic problem..... there are plenty of CL500s out there... so I told him to move on.....

How about a Mustang :devil:

mmmmm hadnt thought of that.... not sure about LHD for him though... will check... just thought about Scumbags 300C Hemi.....

mmmmm hadnt thought of that.... not sure about LHD for him though... will check... just thought about Scumbags 300C Hemi.....

300c - fabulous:D

Get him into some of the other machines above. If nothing else you'll have some fun weekends hunting.

Sure the CL is a fairly uncommon, good looking large coupe , which itself is quite unique, but the 500 is not a fast fast car. No it isn't slow, but if this is his chance to go for a fast car and that's what he wants, I'd encourage him to go a step further.

I get the impression looks and image are prevailing over ultimate performance though.

Update....... Welll he bought a black with cream interior CLK500 53 plate with 71k miles full loaded for 16k :eek: Allot of car for 16k.... its having a few scrapes done has full Benz history and also 12 months warranty.......

Its amazing how good value those CL's have become.

Sounds like a very nice car, point your brother-in-law in this forum's direction. :)

Update....... Welll he bought a black with cream interior CLK500 53 plate with 71k miles full loaded for 16k :eek: Allot of car for 16k.... its having a few scrapes done has full Benz history and also 12 months warranty.......

:rock: :rock: :rock:

If you want to keep this vehicle within the umbrella of the Mobilo scheme then don't forget that bodywork repairs have to be done by a Mercedes-Benz authorised agent (or main dealer with the necessary equipment) :eek:

Certainly a very nice car for not a lot of money

Congratulations,
John

Heres a quick dealer pic...

CLK.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom