What fuel do you put in your c63 amgs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TBH I run my SLK55 on 95 RON, it's such an unstressed engine I think super is wasted on it.

The results from the fleet:

Impreza 215BHP/1998cc = 107 BHP/litre (that does get super, it runs noticeably smoother and it's a turbo)
Barchetta 130BHP/1747cc = 74 BHP/litre
Panda 99BHP/1368cc = 72 BHP/litre
SLK 360BHP/5439cc = 66 BHP/litre

The Merc should run on a 50/50 mix of Esso Blue and tapwater judging from those numbers... ;)

Cheers,

Gaz

I have the same thought with my E55K, it says 95 min on the fuel cap so generally I use 95 in it, the 55/55K and 63 engines are so understressed for their size and amount of power they make that I don't think super would have much benefit, it's not like a 400 BHP 2 litre Evo which I imagine you would be able to notice the difference in.

I've put quite a few tanks of super in and have noticed no real difference in MPG or performance.

C63... would have to treat it to Super.

I started cutting costs and was putting standard LPG in my Lancia

oops, not LPG. I dont seem to have privaleges to edit or delete. Thought I better pick myself up before someone else does. Should have read standard unleaded. Not a good introduction. lol...:doh:

I use Shell V-Power 99RON. I have used it for a long time. I had to use a lead replacement on the Volvo 245. I saw a very noticeable drop in power and low/mid-range pickup when using 95RON on that car (2.3 auto). Plus the fuel burns cleanly and probably extends engine life - the Volvo attained over 335,000 miles.

I very much doubt the extra mpg covers the extra cost. The MB 3.2 V6 adjusts itself to the fuel so no risk of pinking (detonation) or knocking, and to be honest this engine doesn't actually need the little bit of extra power. But it is there, most noticeable in the mid-range, not as obvious as on the Volvo but it is there. The book of words says 98RON preferred so I'll carry on using it.

70 horses / litre. Water injection is not a bad idea, not sure about the Esso Blue...

Petrol, diesel wouldn't work.

I've heard this before but I always use diesel in mine every fourth tank. It's a bit smokey but cleans the beast our beautifully and I'm sure when she goes back to S.UL the thing flies......

Unless the AMG is designed to run on super then I wouldn't bother.

Sure if you are running any sort of turbo car with an ECU that can adapt to better fuel or your car is specifically designed to run on super then use it.

What does than handbook and fuel filler say ?

How about you work out difference per litre against cost of say using Forte petrol treatment once in a while?

My recent car history and petrol:

Today - Audi S3 with a remap = super unleaded all the time (tesco 99 FTW)
CLK500 - 95 with the occasional splash of super - made no perceivable difference running on super
Saab 9-5 aero HOT (2.5 turbo) = made tons more boost on super unleaded.
BMW 330 coupe 95
Subaru impreza, all super unleaded with shots of octane booster to prevent detonation.

List goes on...

Quick threadjacking, but now AMG and M are both using turbo engines, how long before we see some diesels again? AMG did the C30 didn't they?

The new engines can develop the power, the regulators want us to reduce our CO2s, I wonder if AMG have an engine in development that runs on the stuff from the black pump...

I'm using Super- cos thats what the manual says!! If I could save money then I would use 95 - but call me silly - I trust the maker to know whats best for the car...

Always V-Power for me.

You must have several baseball caps and toy Ferrari's by now....

I get about £ 17 - £ 20 in fuel vouchers every so often from Mr Shell, care of the V-Power card. The wife normally uses them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom