What fuel do you put in your c63 amgs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eyeofthetiger

Car
2010 c63 amg
Hi. There is an 11p difference between unleaded and super unleaded in the the garages near my home which almost tempted me to use unleaded! What fuel do you use and does anyone notice any difference in performance unleaded vs super unleaded?

Lots of debate about this-probably evens out with more mpg with expensive stuff compared to initial cost-although should be more enjoyable to drive?

In my last car (Saab 9-5 Aero Hot), I was 'supposed' to be using 98RON or higher.

I did as certainly with VPower, it seemed to run a lot smoother.

However, in the last couple of months before I changed, I tried 95RON.

It didn't feel quite as smooth (this could be psychological) but I noticed no reported difference in MPG - which surprised me.

However, in the E55, I've stuck with 99RON as currently the price difference is bugger all and if I wanted to save money, I really didn't pick the best car to start with (intentionally).

I use super unleaded
once i needed a top up and had to put a few litres of unleaded in
didnt notice any difference
but i wouldnt use it if i had a choice
Rashman would probably recommend perrier water in the screen wash rather than normal but thats another story !:Dhehe

My C32 only requires regular unleaded (95 RON) but I only fill it with Shell V-Power (99 RON). I only use Shell V-Power Diesel in the ML too.

At home there's 8p per litre difference between regular Fuel Save and V-Power, but just 5p difference in Truro when I filled up this afternoon!!

Surely if your worried about 11p a litre extra a litre you shouldnt have bought an AMG!

TBH I run my SLK55 on 95 RON, it's such an unstressed engine I think super is wasted on it.

The results from the fleet:

Impreza 215BHP/1998cc = 107 BHP/litre (that does get super, it runs noticeably smoother and it's a turbo)
Barchetta 130BHP/1747cc = 74 BHP/litre
Panda 99BHP/1368cc = 72 BHP/litre
SLK 360BHP/5439cc = 66 BHP/litre

The Merc should run on a 50/50 mix of Esso Blue and tapwater judging from those numbers... ;)

Cheers,

Gaz

C63... would have to treat it to Super.

I started cutting costs and was putting standard LPG in my Lancia integrale Evo2. I did this infront of a friend who quickly gave me an embarrasing lecture in the middle of the forecourt and I felt very small.

I don't have a Merc yet but I always use 102RON :) My car does expect 102-104 though as per the Japanese spec. I only pay 85p a litre for it so I reckon I can splash out on the best.
The guys in our VR-4 club did many a test between 95, 97 and 99 RON fules. MPG is not the only issue, detonation/knock plays a big part. You will get more knock with lower RPM but the ECU should manage it, you will in turn lose power. Obviously I don't know the MB software but I can't imagine this feature being too much different.

What have I done? How do I delete!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom