What Fuel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scouser51

Car
E Class
OK since I last owned a Mercedes E Class 220d, fuel on offer is super premium or normal. I am now the proud owner of a 2018 E Class 220d. The question is do I use super premium or normal diesel?
What do my fellow enthusiasts say, I would be grateful for a swift reply as I’m filling her up for the first time on Tuesday.
Many Thanks

Its entirely up to you I put normal diesel in our cla 200d for the 3 years we had it (28k) 2018-2021 no issue's what so ever

Welcome.

Either will do, though if the car is a high miler, or if your journeys are generally short, than premium fuels might be the better option.

Premium fuels have higher quality of additives, especially detergents, that will help clean carbon deposits from those parts of the engine that the fuel flows through.

That said, you could equally use standard diesel and just add a bottle of fuel additives from time to time (e.g. Redex, Millers, BG46K, Forte, etc).

I've used them all, super premium, Redex, Millers etc etc and now just use Tesco's cheapest, never felt any difference.
I might suffer when at 100,000 miles, but at the rate I use the car it will be in 15 years time.

I get ripped off for the shell v power diesel, but the car runs like a dream and i sleep at night :thumb: If you do use it get a shell card and they do give you some money back sometimes.

Thanks everyone, my E Class is unlikely to travel more than 7000 per year, so I think I might repeat what I did with my previous petrol car and fill up with a mixture of v power and normal diesel.

Thanks everyone, my E Class is unlikely to travel more than 7000 per year, so I think I might repeat what I did with my previous petrol car and fill up with a mixture of v power and normal diesel.
I couldn’t tell the difference, fill up with Tesco basic next time, see if you can tell any change, it’s most likely spent it’s least 3 plus years on ordinary stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom