What gift (for me)?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JumboBeef

Car
W124 E220 Estate Auto
My wife keeps asking me what I want for Christmas........and I don't know! :dk:

What would you want? (for around £100ish)

If you are anything like me you probably have far too much in comparison to others. This is what I have asked for when questioned:

A Goat

Every family needs a good nanny, and our goats will go where they’re needed most. Locally-sourced, vaccinated, and good to go, these goats can produce milk to drink or sell, fertiliser for crops, and kids to take to market.

Goat : Oxfam Unwrapped : Oxfam's Online Shop

a blu-ray player, skydive, mats/something else for the car, DVD boxset (spooks, peep show, west wing?), some form of random gadget, the all-in-one remote...

?

I must be getting middle-aged - I asked my GF for a breadmaker...

Whats wrong with a breadmaker? We are buying our son a cheesemaking package.

Whats wrong with a breadmaker? We are buying our son a cheesemaking package.

Good call. My wife bought me one for my birthday and it's outstanding to have your own home made cheese. Takes a bit of patience, but it's well worth while.

I also make my own bread and brew my own all-grain beer and there's very little better in life than sitting out in the garden (in Summer), drinking excellent beer, and eating superb homemade bread and cheese.

What about a good pair of binoculars?

Or maybe a DAB radio?

Or even a case of good quality wine?

If you are anything like me you probably have far too much in comparison to others. This is what I have asked for when questioned:

A Goat

Every family needs a good nanny, and our goats will go where they’re needed most. Locally-sourced, vaccinated, and good to go, these goats can produce milk to drink or sell, fertiliser for crops, and kids to take to market.

May not always be a good idea - Why you should always look a gift goat in the mouth - Times Online

Ah, Blessed are the cheesemakers.

And stuff the goat/breadmaker etc. A man needs TOYS.
Ipod touch would be a start. A little over £100, but the quality will be remembered long after the price is forgotten.

For £100 Id suggest

1) a subcriitpion to a magazine ( about £40)
2) Itunes/HMV (£20) online music voucher (so you can pick what you want)
3) Cadburys Selection Box £5
4) Senseo Coffee machine £35

Or perhaps an MB world AMG experience of some sort ?

THE WIRE on DVD for £52 from Play + beer

Despite telling Mrs D that I really really don't want anything from her or the children, she always ends up buying me loads of things. I genuinely can't think of anything I genuinely want that she could realistically buy me.

I'm happy to just have the time Christmas gives me to be with the people I want to be with and do the things I want to do - much more precious than gifts to me.

Shame Mrs D doesn't think the same way. I've now bought her two gifts that she's already found out about: a water spray bottle for when she's doing her hair, and a cocktail shaker. I'm now at a complete loss!! :confused:

I can never think of anything when asked, but I do like to get something new to read at Xmas and some chocolate, other than that I buy what I need when I need it. I feel that Christmas is for the kids, but it is nice to get something, magazine subscriptions are my favorite gift to receive as they last all year!

I'm treating myself to one of these

Panasonic%20Lumix%20TZ7%20Black.jpg

A Goat

I'm sorry - but that's thoroughly misleading.

It suggests you're buying a goat for £25 (quite the bargain if you ask me), and then what happens? They send it to the wrong address, on the wrong continent!

I had the back garden ready and everything...

Back to the topic - I agree that buying something for anyone over the age of 25 who's gainfully employed is not only difficult, but likely to result in whatever you buy spending a long time in a dusty cupboard. Ask her for a nice jumper. It's that cold, I'd be quite happy with a nice jumper actually!

I'm the same , really can't think of anything I particularly want that comes within a reasonable price range .

I did mention that I need a couple of tyres for the car and perhaps she would want to buy one ? Didn't go down well .................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom