what have I just bought?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sprinterich

Car
w639 vito window licker van
Hi Guys I took the plunge yesterday and got myself an 08 sprinter recovery truck it's a 309 and I won it on ebay, I knew it was ex asda but it's still reg'd as a chiller van! it's been mot'd as a truck though! how do i change on the v5 does it need a vic? also what does 309 mean? another thing I'd like to know is how do I stop the traction control? I got stuck and wanted to gun it but the traction wouldn't let me at all it just made the engine sound like it was struggling when i appled throttle, I pressed the asr button and the light came on but it still struggled and woulnt let me floor it to get off the mud, so now my new truck is stuck! how do i get this awful traction control off? I could get it off the mud without it because my transit hasn't got tc and if i gun it she goes!! also when i started this morning a glow plug light lit up after starting for a while once started not before like other diesels I've had, is this normal? can the automatic gearbox oil be changed in these or are they sealed for life?
cheers guys
Richie

Can't comment on most of it but if the glow plug comes on after start for a little while you most likely have 1 or more defective plugs

They may well be 'sealed for life' but can and should be changed, I've just had mine done on my w210

Ok so TC cannot be switched off totally im afraid, pressing the button will reduce it.

Glow Plugs, you have one or more gone, I would replace them all along with the relay.

Auto Box Sprinters can be troublesome so definately get the fluid flushed and filter changed.

In terms of the V5, we had the same thing... We had to write to DVLA, send pictures etc and then they eventually changed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom