What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fixed a loose heat shield at the back.

When on the ramp, gave it a once over and noticed front track control arm was dodgy so replaced that.

Cleaned windows and spent about 2 hours removing the old faded out dealer sticker in the middle of the back window!

The old bus to me doesn't look half bad considering age and it's almost quarter of a million miles.

I'm seriously considering a facelift bumper and grill on this.

20180516_165453.jpg

In all my 42 driving years, I've never ever lost my car keys. Until today, that is. Parked the car in a large retail centre and went for a Costa coffee. Then went across the park to Halfords. Returned to the car, felt all around the multiple compartments of my handbag several times, nothing. Felt in my pocket several times even though I knew it wasn't there. Looked around the large car park with a sinking feeling and wondering what the chances were of someone picking up my keys and handing them in to either of the places I had been. I headed back to Costa and when the barista saw me he said 'keys?'. I have never been so relieved!

Looked at my ML from the bedroom window having got home from hospital after having my prostate removed , no driving for a month, , cannot even clean it

Hope your recovery goes well and your soon feeling back at at full health.
I'd be feeling the same looking at my car thinking how can I convince my wife to give it a clean. (Back from cloud clukoo land, it would never happen)

On Sunday I killed the battery.

What with business travel, house redevelopment and what not the car's been doing something like 100 miles a month since March.

i jumped it off the OH's car and then charged it on idle for a while.

I might have to do some gratuitous trip to Watford or somewhere this weekend just to get some charge back into the battery before it dies a death.

On the plus side it still hasn't cracked 60k. It's been on 59-and-a-bit for what seems forever.

changed both suspension arms drivers side , plus lower hub ball joint using my newly acquired c - clamp ball joint remover , surprisingly easy to do once you get it moving .

It was as clean as a whistle having just been professionally derailed, as was tge caravan it towed, but having driven 200 miles through driving rain it's now very dirty :(

I (finally) cleaned up the boot liner which has been annoying me for months, put it back in an drove it over to the building site to rescue two more pot plants.

Earlier in the day drove over to Hampstead for a long family walk finished off with a couple of pints in The Wells.

Later on I ACTUALLY PUT SOME FUEL IN IT. I think the last time I did that was just before Easter before driving to Luton Airport.

Looking at the milege and extrapolating I'm down to around 2,500 UK miles a year.

That equates to one tank every 6 weeks or so.

Who said V8's cost a lot to run?

My drivers door mirror on the W211 E220 wouldn't move up/down.

Removed the cover checked the wire to the motor and the white was broke, fixed this, cleaned inside the mirror, put it back together and now working fine.

I'm on the hunt for bits for the next retro fit!! Also looking to upgrade the ABS pump from a newer model. But it looks like i'll have to do a bit of extra wiring to adapt it to fit/ work..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The weather was good enough today so I’ve decided to change the rear windscreen washer/nozzle (MB part No.A2128600347) which was dripping inside since I bought the car hence I didn’t use it.

The genuine part is around £22 from MB and I bought trim removal pry kit from ebay for £3.

I couldn’t find instructions for removal of liftgate interior trim on S212 so I followed instructions on youtube for the same operation on GLK
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Everything is exactly the same.

Necessary tools:
Torx 25 – for 2 torx screws under handle panels on both sides
Torx 15 – for 3 torx screws which fix the third brake light.
Plastic pry tool for trim removal
Socket 10 for 4 nuts which fix the rear spoiler to the liftgate.
30 minutes work and I can spray the rear windscreen and not to drown the dog in the back.

Reactions: GLK
I treated mine to two new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres. - Other than some bubbling corrosion and curb rash, there's nothing wrong with my AMG alloys (despite the horror stories about them cracking and deforming).

Commandeered the comfort of Airmatic in the GLE and a properly engineered precious cargo system to drive a cake the 60 miles over to my mother's 90th Birthday celebrations....to be honest, we weren't short of space:DIMG_0003.jpg

Cleaned a bit more.

Whoever decided, in their infinite wisdom, that stainless steel was a good material to use on the under bonnet slam panel needs to spend a couple of hours cleaning it after it's been subjected to a few trips in bad weather. It gets absolutely filthy and, whilst looking OK when cleaned up, is a nightmare to keep that way. It took me over two hours to get it this far as I had to remove the air intakes, yet it's still full of tiny marks.

View attachment 76923

If it continues to annoy me then it may get taken out and painted gloss black, as I'll never match the pearl finish on the bodywork...

Pretty impressive engine bay - although a pain to keep bright - stainless steel panels are a really nice touch - beats brittle plastic any day - you could put some ACF50 or similar on it to stop it ozidizing...

MOT today.
As I expected, it sailed through.
1 advisory for a front tyre wearing slightly on the inside which I knew about.

Commandeered the comfort of Airmatic in the GLE and a properly engineered precious cargo system to drive a cake the 60 miles over to my mother's 90th Birthday celebrations....to be honest, we weren't short of space:DView attachment 77278

Excellent.

Out of interest is that load net from MB or is it aftermarket?

I had the entire passenger seat cover replaced because the stitching had come away in the bum area. That can't be right for a 4 year old car, surely? Luckiy MB's goodwill gesture reduced the price from £900 to £183, but I can't get my head around why I needed to pay in the first place.

Took my car to a little out-of-the-way auto place in the back of beyond, to have my tyre repaired. It had a slow puncture due to a screw in it which I suspect had been there when I bought it (from a main dealer o_O ), but the tyre is in good nick with plenty of tread left. They took the wheel (AMG alloy) off carefully not using the wheel nut gun but a wheel brace; cleaned up the rims, replaced the valve, repaired the tyre and balanced it, refitted all for the princely sum of £10. Dread to think what Mercedes would have charged, if indeed they would have recommended a repair, which I doubt ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom