What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dread to think what Mercedes would have charged, if indeed they would have recommended a repair, which I doubt ..
They repaired this for me in March last year:

33228695381_0fdcdeeeef_o.jpg

Didn't cost me a penny ;)

Took my car to a little out-of-the-way auto place in the back of beyond, to have my tyre repaired. It had a slow puncture due to a screw in it which I suspect had been there when I bought it (from a main dealer o_O ), but the tyre is in good nick with plenty of tread left. They took the wheel (AMG alloy) off carefully not using the wheel nut gun but a wheel brace; cleaned up the rims, replaced the valve, repaired the tyre and balanced it, refitted all for the princely sum of £10. Dread to think what Mercedes would have charged, if indeed they would have recommended a repair, which I doubt ..

Years ago I had a slow puncture on my A4. Took it to Kwik Fit literally at the bottom of my street and they wanted £250 for a new tyre. I put the spare on and arranged to have it replaced at a garage about 20 mikes away. Same tyre £170. Got there; they took the wheel out of the boot and said who told you it required replacing, we can repair it for £15!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Years ago I had a slow puncture on my A4. Took it to Kwik Fit literally at the bottom of my street and they wanted £250 for a new tyre. I put the spare on and arranged to have it replaced at a garage about 20 mikes away. Same tyre £170. Got there; they took the wheel out of the boot and said who told you it required replacing, we can repair it for £15!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And they say you can’t get better than a Kwik Fit fitter!

They repaired this for me in March last year:

33228695381_0fdcdeeeef_o.jpg

Didn't cost me a penny ;)
Wow that must be bargain of the year - my dealers said they don’t have facilities for testing for punctures but did inflate my tyres for me free :D

Reactions: GLK
Wow that must be bargain of the year - my dealers said they don’t have facilities for testing for punctures but did inflate my tyres for me free :D
Part of Sytner Mercedes "The Club" service: free quarterly checkup; free liquids top-up (up to 1L); free puncture repair; and a dreaded free quarterly wash, which I do my best to avoid.

Can't complain about puncture repair quality either (Mercedes Northampton) - 15 months on, the tyre is in perfect shape, and with still just under 6mm, should last for a while longer.

I think it's a VW group part from and Audi company car some years ago, certainly been used in BMW, Audi, Skoda(!), Seat and of course Mercedes since then.....:D

I'll have a look for one. I once bought a cheap aftermarket one but it was pretty horrible. But as I already have the folding crate-thing and Easipak load securing bars and strap I have the urge to be a completist and get a decent net to complete the set :)

EDIT; just found one for a 212 on eBay. £20 job done.

Last edited:
Just scraped a wheel on my 190. :( Only moving it a few yards to swap cars in the garage. Took it off the drive, turned slightly too early and caught a kerb with the nearside rear.

I managed to smooth it off with a little sander and by hand but have no paint in the correct colour so had to put something a couple of shades darker on for now mainly for protection until I get some proper stuff.

These things are sent to try us...

Just scraped a wheel on my 190. :( Only moving it a few yards to swap cars in the garage. Took it off the drive, turned slightly too early and caught a kerb with the nearside rear.

I managed to smooth it off with a little sander and by hand but have no paint in the correct colour so had to put something a couple of shades darker on for now mainly for protection until I get some proper stuff.

These things are sent to try us...

I feel your pain Dave. All of mine are in need of some TLC.

ordered new front suspension arms passenger side , jobs for the weekend , both arms and hub balljoint . also ordered a lambda sensor as the 1 fitted isnt working . following on from this will be an oil and filter change, then i can finally enjoy the car as it was meant to be .

Took the E Class in for it's first service. In at 0750, back home at 0915 and £384.88 lighter.

Expensive oil change that...

Attached my CTEK charger as it has stood for nearly a month after my prostate op, will hopefully drive it by the end of the week

Got the front bumper off, to fit a set of brand new fog surrounds, as I'm going back to OEM look :rolleyes:

Trying to align the thing, alone and with the car on the ground was, well ... interesting.

Fitted new dealer plates and new alloy centre caps! All i could manage after a tense day working waiting for the solicitor to call giving me good news on a house exchange.

changed both suspensions arms passenger side and hub ball joint , ball joint separated from fixings when using pickle fork to split it from lower torque arm , very dangerous , cars only done 85 k , drivers side wasnt much better either when i split that one. Hard to imagine these cars pass the mot test when ball joints are so badly worn .

Drove it to a Porsche Event (celebrating 70 years) at Cholmondeley Castle. I don't like saying this given that I was invited and didn't have to pay for the tickets, but it really was poor.

Anyone else go? Our car was surrounded by Mercedes in the car park. Two A45 AMG, a tasty R129 SL, and I think there was a C and CLA too. Safety in numbers.

replaced the lambda sensor, hopefully ill see better mpg now ??

Whizzed to Manchester Airport, left it there for the day and whizzed back. I blooming love that car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom