What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fitted custom harness, so the [former] fog lights are now dual function - DRLs and fogs.
Nice bright LEDs, with light patter very close to the original filament bulbs.
No errors, retained 'headlight delay / follow me home' function, etc.

Getting all four Pirellis replaced with Goodyear F1 ASM 3. After 2 and 3/4 years and 16500 miles they are starting to crack and the rears are at 3mm.

That trip was an ML63
Here it is, looking grubby, but waiting for me at Manchester Airport at the end of a very long day.

full

Getting all four Pirellis replaced with Goodyear F1 ASM 3. After 2 and 3/4 years and 16500 miles they are starting to crack and the rears are at 3mm.

Had them replaced. The TPMS error was on the dash when I first got in the car so thought the tyre place had damaged one or more of the sensors, however it cleared after about a mile. I assume when the wheel is removed from the car the sensors turn off.

Less road noise now :).

Gave the E Class a quick wipe down earlier, ready for my little trip to the Cars on the Green thing tomorrow.

A few hours later we had a massive thunderstorm with more rain than I've seen for a long time. Just been out to dry it off but that's as much as it's getting tonight as I'm alternating between watching Le Mans and the cricket now. Lazy evening. :)

Valeted, washed, polished, glass cleaned, chrome polished, tyres dressed and just serviced ready for trip Dundee to York to Southampton to Weymouth to Gretna and back to Dundee.

Looking forward to drive, a gentleman’s carriage!

I have same car with Pirellis and looking to change to the Goodyears too, so would be interested to hear your views on the change if poss pls.

Had the floor lighting reattached to the bottom of the passenger seat after they replaced the leather a couple of weeks ago.

Exciting, hey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have same car with Pirellis and looking to change to the Goodyears too, so would be interested to hear your views on the change if poss pls.

Based on the first few miles:
  • Slightly less wheel protection however still more than sufficient.
  • Quiet compared to the worn Pirellis.
  • Not noticed any difference with turn in although they feel slightly softer.
  • Can't feel any traction difference however they require 400ish miles to run in.
  • Did I mention quiet!

Not mine but the other half’s CLS.

I gaffa taped the passenger side window. We got 130 miles from home and it decided then was the time for it to go down and not back up again.

Goes in for a repair tomorrow thankfully but what a sh*t that was.

Window had made a funny noise for a little while but the other half decided not mentioning it for a whole was the best plan.

Took the car to Olly's for a service and MOT, now OK for another year :)

fitted the correct brake pad retainer springs to the front calipers, prev owner had w211 fitted causing pad slap .

Pretty impressive engine bay - although a pain to keep bright - stainless steel panels are a really nice touch - beats brittle plastic any day - you could put some ACF50 or similar on it to stop it ozidizing...

Now it’s lovely and clean. Try some ‘baby oil’ liberally applied and worked in. Or use some ‘Belgom Alu’ Polish (can be bought on eBay) this has a protective coat that will keep it from tarnishing/spotting.
7fc716b8d10aadf3a3fca68742f8f93b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GLK
Removed the "duo" heater changeover valve (under master cylinder) on the W211 E220 and fitted a new one.

Old valve looks like it has seen better days.
20180702_152007.jpg

I've no idea how folks manage to get these back in without taking the master cylinder off.
I tried for about 2 hours, gave up and just removed the master cylinder, so much easier with this out.

Ran out of time though, will have to refit the master cylinder tomorrow and do a brake fluid flush.

Replaced the 3rd brake light as my old one was cracked and had a couple of LEDs out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom