What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Full set of spark plugs and rocker cover gaskets today.
Original plugs had the Merc star on them, and I'm guessing they are the same ones if left the factory with.
Sounds like you had a busy day! Worth it though, I’m sure.

Why do you think that they’re the plugs which were installed at the factory?

Full clean inside and out for my E320.

I got somewhat sunburnt but totally worth it. Managed to get a layer of Poorboys wax on the car despite the heat.

Why do you think that they’re the plugs which were installed at the factory?

Service interval for the plugs is 100k miles, and although it had MBSH to start with, it went out to indys before reaching 100k miles, and I can't see an independant buying plugs at Mercedes for the same plug just with an extra logo etched on them.

What have I done to my Merc today?

I stood staring in disgust at the front grille, that the pigeon had decided to head butt on the way to the train station.......ouch (for the pigeon :mad: and grille :().

Upgraded satnav to 2017/2018 latest disk available, purchased from commandonline

Finally got round to finishing swopping the interior bulbs over for LED's.

Sat and watched whilst it did a 700mile trip without me:dk:

With the aid of Mercedes Me I was able to monitor my wife's progress as she visited a son, her hairdresser (200 miles from home?!) and friends in various far flung outposts of England. Noted that the wind direction had a major effect on the fuel consumption, but that in still managed 43mpg on the final heading north today.
Then was able to have tea on the table exactly when she arrived home. How domestic is that?;)

Looked at it on the drive, Touched in a few of those stone chips.. then gave the car a hoover then looked at it some more lol

Reactions: GLK
It's currently having a parking sensor replaced at Mercedes due to false positives every time it stops in traffic.

4 hours of a job as it's a front inner one so complete front bumper removal. :doh:

I didn't need a courtesy car so MB are paying for my taxis both ways, the cost of which will no doubt disappear on my next bill...

Four hours seems an extraordinary long time to remove a bumper!

Made new bushes for front shock absorbers from 10mm hard rubber.

Fit them when time permits, mot not due until March.

Will save me 1000 pounds for new s absorbers, cost £4 for a 20mm hole saw from Toolstation, they give free coffee while you wait.

Had my EML diagnosed.

Car is less with 7 years old / 28k Miles.

Needs a pair of NOX sensors, one on each cat - I’m going to need a mortgage to pay for it...

I’m NOT interested in taking it to an Indy as I have a good relationship with my dealer (he proactively approached MB UK for a contribution but it was rejected) and he is ever than any Indy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made progress (in comfort) along some of my very favourite driving roads, accompanied by occasional bursts of the Bermuda Triangle programme (on Channel 5) as we passed in and out of reception.

Blooming love that car.

It's all the front of the car nowadays though. Also, they had to put it back as well. ;)

Makes me appreciate the 211, all sensors off in seconds :

Had my EML diagnosed.

Car is less with 7 years old / 28k Miles.

Needs a pair of NOX sensors, one on each cat - I’m going to need a mortgage to pay for it...

I’m NOT interested in taking it to an Indy as I have a good relationship with my dealer (he proactively approached MB UK for a contribution but it was rejected) and he is ever than any Indy.

Makes no sense, you have a good relationship with your dealer? So you’d like to pay much more money than you need to with an indie for the same level of service?

Bought it a 'Sun-Hat' to protect the interior from the heatwave.

Also stops me getting a burned bum when I sit on the leather seats after parking it outside the local restuarant for a leisurely lunch! :cool:

IMG_4345.JPG

Makes no sense, you have a good relationship with your dealer? So you’d like to pay much more money than you need to with an indie for the same level of service?

The nearest Indy is further away, couldn’t fit me for a week, couldn’t give a 2 warranty on the part(s)...couldn’t loan me a free courtesy car...
And I have had to pay a larger diagnostic fee to retreive the car from my main dealer.

So I don’t think it cost me more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom