What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yesterday I pulled the gearbox out of the car.

I need to sort out the rear main seal.
Over the past 2 weeks.

- Re-sealed the rocker cover gaskets, extracted 2x snapped bolts
- Rear main seal done with new crank cover plate as well
- Gearbox back in
- Gearbox oil change

Drove it to work....drove it back. Via Tesco. And tomorrow.....

Drove my Black ML 9 miles Tesco and.............. Had it power washed and hand cleaned and dried by 3 charming East European gentlemen. £ 10 and looks nice , no doubt in even greater need of the new Clay Mitt that has been waiting in my car cleaning box. Never mind, 400 mile return trip over the next two days, at least I can see out of the mirrors

Decided to replace the OBD port Y-splitter I have - it's getting tiresome to setup Garmin ecoRoute HD+ every time the main port is used, as I have to unplug the splitter.

Now, everything will be hidden and the main port will be free, with ecoRoute and MercedesMe inside the dash:

43914711622_0f09e88fa6_o.jpg

Incidentally, if anyone wants a brand new 3-way OBD splitter - high quality, shielded and fully pinned - give me a shout: I wasn't sure which way I would go, so had two options ready, but won't need this one anymore:

43057852465_16242b23a4_o.jpg

43057852905_56c3e5c2f7_o.jpg

It was £14, so say £11 delivered.

Full B service for the SL. Was shiny and clean in my garage and got soaked to and from the dealers

In the early hours I drove it along a narrow winding B road in heavy rain, in comfort and with a sprinkling of mild excitement, whilst passengers eitherslept or watched Vera on the tele!

I blooming love that car.

Actually yesterday evening - but this is what I got my son to do for me.... (He works here: MotoFX - Graphics | Wraps | Signs - so he did a good job in all of 30 minutes....lol. :eek: ).

Yes I know, you all hate it...... :oops: And you can see why my wheels need sorting! :(

ps. Oh, and I have a new MOT for a year that started 2 days ago! :banana:

Yesterday I bought a 3 year service plan for my new to me C63 AMG 507 Edition Coupe and today went out to learn more about the power delivery and handling in the various gearbox modes and upset a couple of youngsters in their M3's..................am I doing this right :cool:

Cleaned the inside of the front screen and then attempted to change a fog light bulb,gave up because the wind was blowing crap in my eyes ,job for tomorrow maybe.

Today, I put the car into reverse and there was no beeping. Here's hoping it's just a fuse or something else easy and inexpensive. :thumb:

Bought personal plates for it. Arrived this morning. waiting for DVLA.

Completed wiring and fitting of reversing camera, hard wired Dashcam, both from boot mounted fusebox. bothe work a treat.

Reactions: GLK
Got the OBD extension harness ready for next week install, including a mounting plate for a secondary OBD port, with will be next to the OEM one, in addition to another two (or three) hidden inside the dash. Rather pleased with my DIY mounting plate - very snug fit, with a satisfying click, to tell you it's in its place and not going anywhere ... :)

The plate then will be trimmed and fixed inside the under-dash panel, over a suitable opening. The OEM socket just plugs into its own port hosing.

29240034327_62d7c03e31_o.jpg

30310365818_b299953a80_o.jpg

30310364808_a9d593be16_o.jpg

Changed flat badge for gunsight. OH says it is a bit "Flash". I don't think she meant it as a compliment. One of the easier jobs.

Vacuumed the A Class & the E Class having 3 golden retrievers doesn’t half make a mess lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disinfected the washer bottle after being overcome with the dreaded bad egg smell when using the washers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom