What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
fitted 2 complete front struts from a 2010 w219 on 61 k , which i located 2nd hand ,came with brand new mb springs with colour bands to match my car .

Backed it into a post whilst taking the wife to the hospital.. Grrrrr why don't they make posts a height sufficient to be visible when you look out of the rear window

True did this with an oil drum bin at Castle Combe circuit but in an early 90's Jap coupe , the rear spoiler was taller than the bin !

No reversing sensors on your Merc ?

Put the back seats down, for the first time ever on either of the two ML's I have owned!

I can confirm that 2 x Jumbo Bags (~1m cubes) will fit nicely in the back of an ML with the seats down.

Speeds up the process of getting garden clippings to the Dump enormously.

Then there's just the small task of clearing-out all the spiders and slugs that crawl out of them for the next 3 weeks.... My nearest dump is 1 mile away and the journey takes 5 minutes. How do those slugs get out so quickly?
They sure do make a mess of the headlining....

My dump is 15 miles away ! Hence never had the back down, can't risk slugs eating the entire interior

I could almost forgive them eating the interior, it's leaving all that slime that makes me shudder...

Not to mention jumping in and getting a facefull of spider's web...

I must be missing something here. When I was a kid, the dustmen would arrive at your door, collect the bins (and whatever you left near them) and take them to the dump.....now we have to do it ourselves and are rewarded with massively larger council tax bill.

Can't really be "green" to have all these additional family car trips, can it? No wonder the pollution levels are going up.

Fitted 2 lemforder arb drop linkx. Still rattles over shallow bumps. I give up.

Fitted a new thermostat and started cleaning the engine bay with engine degreaser and a pile of clothes starting to look a bit better.
The p/o must have parked under a tree every day, the drains at the corners of the windscreen where full of mud, leaves and crap so they where cleaned and flushed with a hose.
Had a screw removed from a tyre and for a change they could fix it which is good as it's a nearly new tyre.

Sprayed some Meguiar's stuff on it.
Was going to do Finish Kare BWM101 after that, but it didn't happen ...
Maybe next time ;)

31599111338_a224ff6e00_o.jpg

45473840641_1848923960_o.jpg

44559732185_de93abfe03_o.jpg

Gave her a wax this morning (the car not the wife) then took her for a spin up the Devils Ar$e for lunch.

Trip to the barbers in Manchester, took the east lands road back because the M62 has contraflow, and that's no fun. Stopped off on the way back at my local Kwik Fit for a pre booked MOT. Perfect to make sure cats are up to temperature.

Got 2 MOT certificates.
1 fail due to:-
Headlamp aim to low Offside Front [4.1.2(a)] - Repair immediately
Oil leak, but not excessive [8.4.1(a)(i)] -Monitor and repair if necessary(advisories)

2nd - Passed

Mot tester fixed headlight to MOT standard, although said could still do with further adjustment to be spot on. ( no charge - seems decent of them)

Oil leak I will monitor (I check weekly) never lost any oil that my eyes can spot. (Run the dipstick at max, achieving that spot on is a faff and a half).

I did have a sump oil leak fixed a few months back, wondering if under tray has left over oil drips on. (Prob wishful thinking)

Changed the air filters, fuel filter, turbo inlet and breather seals.
Changing the fuel filter was dull - had to remove turbo inlet hard pipe to get it off - still quite satisfying to get it all done though...

Changed the Nearside Lower Control arm to try to finally cure a really loud creak.

Naturally, it made no difference at all, despite all the knuckle skin I sacrificed to it.

Can't say I'm surprised, Sods Law works like that.

Both ball joints are full of grease, Anti-Roll Bar Drop-links are silent and smooth.....I'm running out of bits to change as well as ideas.

The creaking noise is impossible to duplicate when stationary, such that the MOT place Passed it, despite it being painfully obvious when driving into the bay (and out)...

I guess I'll just turn up the Radio....

Changed the air filters, fuel filter, turbo inlet and breather seals.
Changing the fuel filter was dull - had to remove turbo inlet hard pipe to get it off - still quite satisfying to get it all done though...
Hi Jmarkha1, do you have the part Nr for the fuel filter you have changed? And do you know if it would fit a w212 Eclass 200 CDi? Thanks for your help.

Changed the Nearside Lower Control arm to try to finally cure a really loud creak.

Naturally, it made no difference at all, despite all the knuckle skin I sacrificed to it.

Can't say I'm surprised, Sods Law works like that.

Both ball joints are full of grease, Anti-Roll Bar Drop-links are silent and smooth.....I'm running out of bits to change as well as ideas.

The creaking noise is impossible to duplicate when stationary, such that the MOT place Passed it, despite it being painfully obvious when driving into the bay (and out)...

I guess I'll just turn up the Radio....

Try lubricating the top bearing mounts for the suspension . I had this on the C and the E, a generous squirt of silicone lubricant and silence ensued!

You can see the strut mounts on most MB's in the engine bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom