What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Loaded the alloy wheels into the rear of the A210, now ready to take it to the local garage to have them switched over from the winter rims on Wednesday ( assuming the new discs and pads arrive from MB on Tuesday )
Assuming my markings are still on the rim's Chris as the offsets are different front and rear. :) (actually I remember it's actually cast into the rim front axle only, rear axle only)

Assuming my markings are still on the rim's Chris as the offsets are different front and rear. :) (actually I remember it's actually cast into the rim front axle only, rear axle only)
Thanks for that, I will point it out just in case they don't notice

Saturday I was at Oulton Park on SC duties, so I took the C43 for a run.
20190323_100543 by Notwens, on Flickr

Sunday I started converting the dash away from the double DIN stereo to a period Audio 30.
The car came with some of the correct pieces, I have been collecting the other pieces. Though the main switch panel with enough cut outs eludes me currently, I have trimmed a cheap damaged one I picked up, which will do for now until eBay comes through.

Before
20190324_083818 by Notwens, on Flickr

After
20190324_144845 by Notwens, on Flickr

Washed the car as a squadron of seagulls had done bombing runs over it, I nearly shit myself when i walked outside and saw it :eek:

Washed the car as a squadron of seagulls had done bombing runs over it, I nearly shit myself when i walked outside and saw it :eek:
They certainly did! :)

Started writing an advert out for it today as it may be time to move it on. :(

This is the 190E, not the E Class (yet). Basically I'm running out of space, time and patience so it's going to have to go. Not something I particularly want to do but I'm now a bit limited in arm movement so can't really do the jobs I want to on it anymore, mainly just cleaning it up on the underside.

It may take some time to write this advert, especially as the weather is just starting to brighten up a bit...

God that's a shame Dave. You won't have any trouble selling it Dave.

I hope not Peter but I'm not in a rush to sell it at the moment and when I do I'd prefer it to go to someone who's familiar with it. I'll probably advertise it over on the 190 forum where, hopefully, I won't get the time wasters which I would on eBay or the like. Car & Classic would be the next place for it probably but there's a full thread on it on the 190 forum so prospective buyers can at least look at what they'd be getting...

I hope not Peter but I'm not in a rush to sell it at the moment and when I do I'd prefer it to go to someone who's familiar with it. I'll probably advertise it over on the 190 forum where, hopefully, I won't get the time wasters which I would on eBay or the like. Car & Classic would be the next place for it probably but there's a full thread on it on the 190 forum so prospective buyers can at least look at what they'd be getting...
It’ll sell no problem, would also advertise it in here.

I made my nuts turn purple.

0f5d682277b63cb55b36df6877763493.jpg

Previously my nuts were yellow.

b09fbf8ced4078a1aef9fe6379170868.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cleaned my MAF :) and reset the ECU. pleasantly surprised.....

Now have an intermittent low coolant warning light, but coolant is fine. and connections all look good. I did use the wipers and screen wash to clear some bird poop off the windscreen, perhaps there is a link between this.:(

Just came back from PCS after having the S-Class Serviced ( A ) + Transmission oil change. Needs Engine & Gearbox Mounts changed. Not bad after 160,000 Miles.

As usual First Class Service from Graham.

Hit a kerb with a front wheel. They were refurbed before Christmas...doh!!
Not a good day , it will annoy you every time you look at it, hopefully not too expensive to put right

Cleaned the wheels with Autoglym wheel cleaner. Cleaned the bodywork with Autoglym shampoo. Dried it off with micofibre towels recommended on the detailing thread (thanks guys). Then applied a layer of Autoglym Gloss Protection (thanks Mactech!)

In the gloom when I finished it did look super-glossy. And the surface felt great. Reminds me of the finish you'd get with Liquid Diamond back in the day (anyone remember that?).

Looking forward to seeing it in the sun tomorrow.

(and then polishing up the wheels)

Hit a kerb with a front wheel. They were refurbed before Christmas...doh!!

I fear this happening to me as I just had them done last month. Been extremely careful so far..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom