What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Drive her 200 + miles to York

Ski bag? You got access from the boot?

Yeah thats what we thought. Or to be able to put other stuff in it. Can access from boot and can remove to have access form back seat to the boot. Is this standard on these cars?

Gave it a good wash. Also tried some chipex with not so great results on the front and rear bumpers. It did work on the door.

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

I think it's still classed as a Mercedes :rolleyes:

Had the Smart 451 Brabus Mapped on Friday. 102bhp - 130bhp :D by Tune4Performance

Very impressed. Two reasons I used them was Tony's reputation Mapping Smarts and + he has a Dyno, so you get before and after reads.

Had the Smart 451 Brabus Mapped on Friday. 102bhp - 130bhp :D by Tune4Performance

Must be quite nippy Peter! Mine was the standard 84BHP Turbo, and that wasn't exactly a slouch.

Cheers,

Gaz

Fitted new thermostat. Replaced battery. Took car for drive and watched all the warning lights go out. Car ran much better so I took it for a wash and fitted the bluetooth puck which cost £55. A good result. Called a friend from the car. Success. Looked into the scuttle post wash. All is dry Relief. Found a clip in the boot which was the missing SAM cover clip. Good. Later I'm going to pull the front SAM to prepare for the new one, due tomorrow. Think it looks bloody silly on staggered wheels. Much valeting to do and new discs and pads required but the car is slowly coming back to life and despite the gruff 2.2 engine and the strut front end, I quite like it. (I'd like a 2.7 CDI engined S202 more though and although twenty years ago I would have built one, it is all too much hard work these days.)

Drive it on some of my favourite roads, to get petrol. I used quarter of a tank to get there and another quarter to get back. I need to go and get more tomorrow :)

Must be quite nippy Peter! Mine was the standard 84BHP Turbo, and that wasn't exactly a slouch.

Yes Gaz. Very, the Gearbox was looked as well. It really goes very well, Anna loves it :D

The sun was shining.
I had a quick check round all the essentials ... tyres, oil level, coolant level, brake fluid level.
Must check the power steering level, but I think it needs to be warm to do that.

Much more time consuming was preparing my partner's Peugeot 307 for its MOT.
It needed some work to the rear light clusters, where there is a common problem with an overloaded earth pin that burns out regularly.
Unbelievable !!
A couple of hours soldering in a jumper lead and all was well.

Washed it, and sprayed the new rear bumper cover plate that I had to replace as the original was nicked.

Taken my SLK out for a 18 mile trip to to town and back and 5 miles from home got message Inoperative Run Flat Sensors and an orange warning light! Off to the dealers on Tuesday! Good excuse to get the A210 out tomorrow

Gave it some exercise. The first trip out after dark. Like: The direction and street name on the dash, the cornering lights, sport transmission mode now that the new stat is in, the heating, the radio reception and the headlights. Dislike: Nothing. This is one hell of a car. The steering and engine are not as good as my 250TD was but it is quiet comfortable and well sat on the road. I love it. The ride height needs raising at the front (Two new springs are fitted on the back) but otherwise, it is damn near perfect.

Very nice. Should pass anything on the road but a petrol station!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom