What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Picked up other W212 E250, new MOT, no advisories, 1600 miles covered since last MOT, now at 18,750 for a 2010.

After I got back from MOT garage I took the front wheels off the W212 and stuck it on stands, polished and waxed the inside of these as I didn't have time yesterday.

Look quite nice in my opinion for 9 year old wheels, pity about the outside, they have been refurbed and suffer a bit from the water style corrosion, going to get them refurbed again before summer, may have to look for other options rather than diamond cut as I'm not sure if this can be done again.

20191031_203438.jpg

20191031_203456.jpg

Today I changed the two front tyres to Conti's, so now running Conti's all round. When I got the car in Jan, it had various budgets on all round. Got 2x PremiumContact 6 for £225 fitted (PC6 replaces and improves on SportContact 5 and PremiumContact 5), I have Sport Contact 3's at the back.

Went for a spirited drive to see if I could tell any difference... could I ****! :rolleyes:

Hasn't got rid of the understeer, still a hell of a (luxury) barge and doesn't really want to go round a bend at any speed.

Anyway, I'm sure they'll be much safer in the wet, even if it didn't turn my E350 into a 911.

Jet washed it to get the farm muck off it, filled up with petrol, then came back home to do some work in order to pay for all that crap.

Drove 150 miles yesterday to watch the Bridgwater guy fawkes carnival and stay with good non-Mercedes owning friends, then into Devon today for Sunday lunch with a bunch of V8 petrolheads, then a 190 mile skive home again. Apart from the rugby, had a really good weekend.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4s’s off, Michelin Pilot Alpin 4’s (with 19” winter wheels) on.

Checked the oil, water, tyre pressures, hoovered interior, all ready for a trip from the South coats to Yorkshire to play blues for the weekend. Just hope I don't encounter any floods.

Checked the oil, water, tyre pressures, hoovered interior, all ready for a trip from the South coats to Yorkshire to play blues for the weekend. Just hope I don't encounter any floods.
I took a trip up to the N Yorks Moors on Wednesday to collect a pair of large PMC speakers to play blues (and other things!) over the weekend....
Took the collie with me and had a great walk in the forestry commission area before returning with 2 very large boxes and a very slightly less bouncy barker.
No floods then, but it has a hardly stopped raining since....

Finally got around to installing the Aux port and adding a Bluetooth adapter for music, goodbye radio 1! :D

Checked tyres, oil etc and filled boot with luggage ready to set off for a great 250 mile run up to the Lake Disrict, first decent run for 4 months, cannot wait to start the engine!:D

washed it polished it and got it dirty again...Huh!!

Got 'new to me' GLE350d this week.

Removed model badges.
Cleaned glass inside.
Admired it.
I'm sure you'll love the car....I know I do. Surprised they gave you model badges, what happened to the real ones?:dk:

Managed to scuff front passenger AMG ( not long since powder coated ) alloy when turning round to avoid flood water in Rotherham.:(:(:doh:. not happy chappie.

Been for a drive, and soaked up the beauty of Autumn.

Almost left to visit MSL . But a stomach bug that has gone round the family finally visited me last night. Spent most of it with my head in a bowl:(
And almost as quick as it arrives, its gone. Slept until 3pm and feel great now.

Resheduled my visit until next Saturday. Fortunately, MSL were very understanding.

This morning I converted the sheets and sheets of s/h into a simple spreadsheet so I could figure out what to have done next (the answer is oil, filters and maybe brake fluid).

Going to pop round to my favourite local spannerman to book it in for its service and then am going on to Wembley tyre to have a slow puncture investigated.

At this rate I'll maybe get the roof bars and bike racks off the roof. They've been there since the trip to France in August.

What with my new job taking up all my weekly waking hours plus family life getting in the way at weekends I'm struggling to get stuff done.

New battery for the old girl (124) a nice heavy duty exide excel

Just did some mileage calculations which kind of confirmed what I thought.

Since I've had it I've covered something like 13.5k which translates into an annual mileage of just under 5k pa. That does include 3 x French holidays @ 1.5k each and 2 x house moves and 1 x renovation at a guestimate of 500 miles each (loads and loads of trips).

Taking that lot out gives an underlying figure of just over 3k pa.

So (a) I'm keeping the mileage nice and low and (b) there's absolutely no reason not to have a V8 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom