What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didn't even think about this morning, even the trees & bushes were white. Only done one trip to work , 20 miles, since christmas day .
Car and van are both filthy. Rain last night melted what snow we had but I worked yesterday and knackered after 1st week back. To add to the misery I've loads of invoicing/quotes to do today which is why I'm thinking of washing the car to avoid the office work! :crazy:

For those on the forum who know me they know I'm not one for leaving things alone, so my Vito has now recently had new water pump, new stat, found that the bearings in 2 of the pulleys had gone so swapped them plus new serpentine belt. New intercooler pipe & to top it off a new interior which includes Brabus front seats & viano interior!! Dare I say its nearly finished??

Rigged up an air line from front tyre, bought a blow gun and now I have compressed air to blow out the spark plug holes before I remove the plugs. I will re inflate the tyre to it's running pressure, before anyone shouts at me on here. :rolleyes:

Put my just delivered, brake wear sensors in the boot so I will not loose them. By the time I do the brakes I will probably have forgotten where I put them:mad:

Rigged up an air line from front tyre, bought a blow gun and now I have compressed air to blow out the spark plug holes before I remove the plugs. I will re inflate the tyre to it's running pressure, before anyone shouts at me on here. :rolleyes:
Cool Idea any details ? could do with that myself quite a bit of trouble to wheel out the compressor and fire it up just to blow things clear or dry

Cleaned up the rust on the rear jacking points with wire brush on the angle grinder on my 07 Vito sport X they were in quite a state with a blocked drainhole full of damp attracting crud if left another couple of years would have been a welding job just caught in time hammerited then plenty of waxoyl and finally new jacking pads Next up is rear wiper replacement , auto gearbox flexible mount and before summer the aircon plenty to do in lockdown along with the 2 124's and the CLK
Boyd

Cool Idea any details ? could do with that myself quite a bit of trouble to wheel out the compressor and fire it up just to blow things clear or dry
I have a cordless 20V tyre inflator that would do that very easily, cost me £60 from Scotts of Stowe, saves me hauling the compressor from my workshop to the front driveway - plus a Jojo reel to get power to it, means I can check all 4 tyres in 5 minutes without pain!

Gave it a quick wash, not drying it, not while the roads are minging.
(Bl00dy gritters) :rolleyes: :)👍
20210112_121003.jpg

Excellent idea buddy , what would I need to buy to copy your lead ?

Gave the wheels and sills a quick wash, I'd given most of the car a quick wipe down in the rain a few days ago, now rinsed off by another rain shower

I have a cordless 20V tyre inflator that would do that very easily, cost me £60 from Scotts of Stowe, saves me hauling the compressor from my workshop to the front driveway - plus a Jojo reel to get power to it, means I can check all 4 tyres in 5 minutes without pain!
I don't think that would work. You need a blast of air from a reservoir, in my case 32 psi which could go up to 40/45 It depends on how much air you put in the tyre. Another thought I've had is to get an old wheel and tyre from say a Fiesta or the like and use that as a portable air supply then I wouldn't need to use my car tyre. 32 psi gives quite a decent blast of air. enough I think to blow any debris out of the plug holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom