What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I took one for the longest drive I’ve been on since August and it was absolutely blooming amazing. Getting out and doing something relatively normal has done the whole family the world of good.

This car doesn’t see much action, and usually sits looking all clean and spangly, but having taken it to the main dealer for a service yesterday it was sat on the drive and manky, so perfect for a run today.

We went for a run through the snowy countryside and then ventured into Birmingham for the third time in 10 months, which is ridiculous considering that we’d usually be there 1-3 times each week.

We didn’t get out of the car or come into contact with anyone until we were close to home, and the purveyor of the finest fish & chips in the area delivered some to the window of my car.

Having a drive and eating fish & chips outside was good for the soul, and will no doubt help us get through the coming days and weeks at home. I love being at home, but I love being out & about even more!

With the exception of the Smart, it’s the oldest, least valuable, least powerful, most unwieldy, most practical family car we have, and it was absolutely blooming perfect for a memorable drive. Love that car.
Just your use of the word manky makes me think your not too far from where I am in the Black Country.

As for the car, best I have done is watch the rain bead nicely following my first use of Autoglym’s Polar Seal last weekend......not really the best use of the car, but at least it seems we are all in this together and feeling just as fed up. Hold on until April......

Went outside to clean the car.............. changed my mind and now sat with my feet up on the couch :fail:

Bought another set of wheels and tyres. Is three sets too many for one car? Winter, Summer, Track.

Fitted the dashcam, put the rubber boot mat in and fitted the "cargo net" :) By fitted, I mean attached to the 4 hooks in the boot. Used to have it in my Vectra, does help to keep the bags of shopping in one place.

Fitted a new Auto Gearbox Rubber Mount to the Vito £80 from merc ! for a block of rubber and metal attachments couldnt have cost much more than £10 to manufacture! a bit fiddly to ensure I could support / slightly raise the gearbox to remove the old one as the pan is plastic so couldnt support on that , but job done now and with the new propshaft fitted a few weeks ago transmission is sorted
During the week I fitted a new Rear wiper as they are prone to water ingress (as the rear wiper water for the rear jet goes thro the centre of the assembly where the pcb tracks are - not one of mercs ... or valeos best designs ) so the new one had a drain hole added to the casing before fitting and an air vent hole at the top so hopefully will last longer than the last one which lasted under 12 months however i did manage a full refund on it so could have been worse
Boyd

I had to go to the supermarket so I took a car I haven’t driven for a month, and is a ridiculous car to use for supermarket shopping, but it was absolutely fantastic.

We took the very slightly longer route, to make sure it got up to temperature, and we even collected a Starbucks on the way back. Just what I needed

I had to go to the supermarket so I took a car I haven’t driven for a month, and is a ridiculous car to use for supermarket shopping, but it was absolutely fantastic.

We took the very slightly longer route, to make sure it got up to temperature, and we even collected a Starbucks on the way back. Just what I needed
I’m well jell Rob. Glad you enjoyed. 👍

I’ll come and pick you up Ant, and we can go for a spin to the supermarket - I suspect the long route in your neck of the woods would be much better than here!
Had the ball joints replaced on ours yesterday morning at BM Carlisle. I spent most the time gazing at this. Reminded me of you Rob. A49CB908-34AF-4258-A5D6-9727AD79FE7D.jpeg73A32BC8-C0BA-4913-9087-0C88B93DA956.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar....hadn’t been used for over a week and needed to do a shop. Even put the roof down for the return journey - absolutely lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom