What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a slight scuff on the rear bumper of the S-Class ( It can happen to the best of us ! )

My next door neighbour had Chips Away to do a similar scuff a couple of weeks ago and did a very good job, so he came around yesterday and did mine. Very impressed, took over three hours and a very pleasant young man.

Drove it to MSL to meet up with three other E63's (two saloons and one estate).

A fine day - photos to follow.

Requested a final quote from local(ish) car stereo shop... this for my old W124 project motor.

- JL Audio amp 600/4 class D.
- Jehnert door cards with 2 x 6.5" mid/woofers each side from Audison Voce
- mids and tweeters under stock grills on the dash ... Also from Audison Voce
- sound proofing and all that

I want it tomorrow...! It should make an old E280 into an even more lux environment...

303'd under the bonnet - very smart :thumb:.

Played about with the lowering module like a kid :D

I've had an E500 estate for over two years and I've never really played with the airmatic - until this week! I've just done 700 miles in a different car, which I like very much!

I've had an E500 estate for over two years and I've never really played with the airmatic - until this week! I've just done 700 miles in a different car, which I like very much!
I have got the Renntech lowering module, so more to play about hehe.

How far?!!! Lots of roundabouts or lots of fun?!!

Hi. I am at a loss as to why the tyres only lasted for such a short distance. The last set of Falken tyres lasted well, and my driving habits have not changed drastically. I will have to see how the Dunlop's perform.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

Removed boot carpets.
Removed Rear Bumper.
Dropped rear exhaust boxes from hangers.
Removed heatshields.

Did the unthinkable to an S Class. (Insert guess here)

Put all the bits back.

Stopped every 20 minutes due to rain.

1. Booked in for mot
2. Installed magnet mobile phone holder
3. Deposited carbon deposits along the A456 ;)

As it was such a nice day I took the R107 out for a drive to my local indi. Picked up a new 13/14 sat nav disc for my W221. Came home and put her away, gave her a little pat on the roof and had a cuppa.

Transported two fridges and a cooker, all at the same time - it is an E Class estate after all :thumb:.

Got my Becker from Amazon, pursuaded the software to install on the second PC I tried, it nearly barfed halfway through when it decided it needed 4gb of temp storage on the c: drive, it squeezed in with 120mb to spare, but after 4 hours of being glanced at out of the corner of my eye, it was cooked to perfection, popped it in the car, turned it on, explained to it nicely that I wasn't in Germany and it works.

Lubricated all locks and hinges.

Cleaned it, vac'd it, inside of windows polished, exhaust tips polished, tidies the tatty number plate holders up (cheap stuff with logos on them, now painted plain silver but may go back to black).

Basically got it prepared for a nice little blast but then something came up so it's now back in the garage, hopefully just till the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom