What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Today I drove it twice and I don’t mean once in one direction, and once in the other!

First a drive in the snow to collect a McDonald’s breakfast. The snow fell very quickly and stuck, even dual carriageway a were white over - the gritters went out too early yesterday.

Too many people were driving much, much too fast for the conditions. Stereotypical invincible SUV driver came tearing past me on un-broken snow on a dual carriageway, as did an articulated trick.

It had been snowing for no more than an hour but there was a good two inches, and already there were several accidents, and several cars stuck or abandoned - Mercedes were well represented.

After breakfast I had to go back out again to pick up some fresh fruit and vegetables from the farm shop, by which time there was a good four inches of snow but gritters had managed to clear the main roads.

It was wonderful to get out given that we’ve spent so much time at home in recent times, but to do it in such beautiful snowy conditions was an added treat. As were the Frappuccino’s in the way home ☺️
You've hit the nail on the head there BD They think nothing can go wrong because they've got four wheel drive.

Just dropped it off at the body shop to have chrome bits sprayed body colour and to have all the replacement gloss black door trims fitted.
Collection on Tuesday. :banana:
Collection delayed due to various reasons.

jhst got it back now. Made up with the results. Finally chrome free. Replacement high gloss black window trims look fab. Amazing value from the village body shop. £200 all in. I also gave him a few bottles of wine and beer as a TY.

Back to MB Carlisle tomorrow morning for rear parcel shelf mechanism replacement and puddle light fix (under warranty). Then car is finally as I want. 🥳 (aside from possible remap (and maybe brake calliper paint job 😁))

Collection delayed due to various reasons.

jhst got it back now. Made up with the results. Finally chrome free. Replacement high gloss black window trims look fab. Amazing value from the village body shop. £200 all in. I also gave him a few bottles of wine and beer as a TY.

Back to MB Carlisle tomorrow morning for rear parcel shelf mechanism replacement and puddle light fix (under warranty). Then car is finally as I want. 🥳 (aside from possible remap (and maybe brake calliper paint job 😁))
Sounds ace. Looking forward to the photos 👍🏻

Getting the W211 E220 ready for its MOT.

Only managed Front Right but wheel off, cleaned, checked discs, pads, tyre, spring, shock and joints.
Cleaned and waxed brake pipe under the arch.

Only another 3 corners to do but weather is not great.

Need to adjust the parking brake up and fix one of the mirror indicator lamps (wire).

Finally got to go out in the SL earlier today, had a doctor's appointment so took the Merc for a drive. First time it's been out since early December 😭

Well I've been trying for over an hour to post pics of the air line but being told the files are to big. So I've posted in the help section to try and find out what I'm doing wrong. Hope I will be able to post them soon.
I had this problem yesterday, a very nice man on here said send the pics on WhatsApp to someone and get them to send them back to you and it will then work....and it did!!! Amazing

Did something to my car today, I didn't particularly want to do, Kerbed a bl00dy alloy :wallbash: Now I know it's not earth shattering, especially considering the current situation, BUT it's still Damned annoying, usually I'm really careful, Taxi to the kerb etc. :rolleyes::(
20210204_171034.jpg20210204_171128.jpg

That's annoying @SmartAmg :(

Not done anything to my Mercedes, but they will benefit, I bought some more micro fibre cloths

Finished off the other front corner on the W211 E220.

Tyres, discs, pads and pipes etc. all clear on the front.

Just hope this rain gives up so I can get the back end done.

Got a W204 waiting in line for a rear RPM sensor fault.

Did something to my car today, I didn't particularly want to do, Kerbed a bl00dy alloy :wallbash: Now I know it's not earth shattering, especially considering the current situation, BUT it's still Damned annoying, usually I'm really careful, Taxi to the kerb etc. :rolleyes::(
View attachment 108421View attachment 108422
Feel your pain! No, in the great scheme of things it isn't the end of the world, but it's mega annoying. I'm convinced alloys are magnetically attracted to kerbs: or kerbstones have self-taught themselves to jump out at you.🤬

Finally got Michelin Crossclimate tyres fitted on the rear wheels , meant to get them all on before last winter 2019/20 , but with lockdown and not wanting to ditch the rear Avon ZZ5 with half tread it didn't happen. Sold one of my spare 18" alloy with a virtually new tyre which covered the cost of the new rubber ,so yesterday cleaned the remaining three spare alloys ready to put on ebay. I will then be down to to a more sensible number of alloys , full set of 19" with new tyres and one set of 18" with all new all season rubber all round . So even after lockdown my annual mileage will probably be 5-6000 per year which hopefully means I won't be needing new tyres for a good few years.

Over the last couple of weeks the S-Class suspension started to drop slightly. The garage couldn't find ant fault codes or any obvious leeks. So they fitted a new Valve block and after a week everything is fine.
Another thing that had been driving me mad for some time was a noise coming from the heater motor,turned out to be Aux coolant pump,changed now all quite now :thumb: :)

I'm oot in the cold.

Last corner on the W211 E220, adjusted the parking brake up on both sides.
Whoever thought those little adjusters were a good idea is baw bag.

One more brake pipe to grease at the ferrule then wheel back on, fix the mirror repeater then I'm done and onto the W204.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom