What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fixed mudflap to my w204 yesterday and give good wash today.look nice.
Wish I could find a replacement rear OS mudflap for my S204, only option so far is either a set of both rears from MB Newcastle at over £50 or a full set of 4 aftermarket from China for £30! For some unknown reason I had problems with the rear OS right from initial fitting, replaced the top fixing a few times but eventually it fell off un-noticed, annoying as the muck that collects on the OS is so noticable compared to far less on the NS.

Thanks to the forum member that sold the mudflap to me.fit perfect on my car.

Applied Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant to car (following on from claying and polishing yesterday).

Tomorrow I'll be applying Dodo Juice Supernatural Carnauba Wax.

More importantly. what has it (nearly) done to me?
First: Needing to replace the front fogs and swap wheels front to back, as the current rear ones are the wrong size tyres.
Second: find out why the tailgate suddenly decides to slam shut. It's been fine up to now... Struts? Lucky I wasn't under it.
And the result? Can't get the wheelnuts undone. Been done up with way too much torque. Front nearside security bolt has sheared off. Great.

Nice day yesterday so finally changed the transmission fluid on the drive, wasn’t as difficult as I had imagined.

That's why I hate buzz guns ,hope you sort it 🙁

Windy-gunned lug bolts. What a nightmare😱
Booked in to local garage who are the local go-to guys for this sort of thing. Doubtless most will come off with a breaker bar on the wheelbrace, but getting the locking wheelnuts off is going to be a major pain with no key.
Why do they set them so high? That's potentially dangerous in its own right. It's not like they're a bit too tight, they've been gunned to the max. Will go around this afternoon and loosen what can be loosened, and mark them. No sense paying someone for the OK ones.

Last edited:
Also decided to have another go at removing the tow hitch. Gave it plenty of spray, wiped it off, there's a name, Witter. And, oh look, a key hole! That's why there's a little key on each fob! Now I just have to wait for the GT85 to free up the keyhole cover slide. Then, if Youtube and the official Witter instruction video is to be believed, it will obediently fall into my hands. And crush them on the floor, looks heavy! Then at some point, I will set about removing the rest of the mount. I'll leave the electrics alone, though, too much scope for errors.
I also managed to free off 5 wheel bolts.

Last edited:
Nice day yesterday so finally changed the transmission fluid on the drive, wasn’t as difficult as I had imagined.
Mine is due this year.Am thinking of how to go about it.May be do it myself or indie

Mine is due this year.Am thinking of how to go about it.May be do it myself or indie
I made a video, just editing it, it’s not difficult if you can get the car level and high enough. Cost me around £150 with genuine parts.

I made a video, just editing it, it’s not difficult if you can get the car level and high enough. Cost me around £150 with genuine parts.
Thanks.I will like to watch the video,I have done many bits in my car.and few cars.thanks

Some new mats arrived today. The ones that came with the car when I bought it a week and a half ago were just generic and didn't fit flush, so were getting on my nerves. I'll hoover the girl out and stick them in!

I should have taken two for their first MOTs today - at two different MOT test stations - but the one going to the main dealer was cancelled at the last minute.

The one which was MOTed passed. The one which wasn’t MOTed still went to the dealer anyway for some diagnostics. They’ve kept it overnight.

Some new mats arrived today. The ones that came with the car when I bought it a week and a half ago were just generic and didn't fit flush, so were getting on my nerves. I'll hoover the girl out and stick them in!

Vacuumed the car, polished the inside and fitted the mats. They fit nicely and have clippy things to keep them in place. :) My OH is allowed to sit in it, but he can't touch anything......🤣

Hi Geoffus.Waiting to see the video of your transmission oil change pls.thanks

Hi Geoffus.Waiting to see the video of your transmission oil change pls.thanks
Uploaded to youTube but it needs a little more work, adjusting it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom