What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi , am I the only person this happens to , I park my car on the supermarket car park in the corner only return find some old banger right next to my car

Hi , am I the only person this happens to , I park my car on the supermarket car park in the corner only return find some old banger right next to my car
No your not, they obviously do it on purpose. 🙄

New wiper blade fitted to the rear of the G wagen..
cleaned and conditioned the leather in the E350 Coupe and the SL55.. :D

I took the Smart for a B-service today (service plan). All done in 2 hours.

They sorted the occasional high frequency rattle when the heater/aircon fan was on higher speeds too - judging by the dry leaf debris behind the pedals, then they blew through an airway of sone kind with compressed air! Seems to have done the job though.

Typically I had only given the inside and outside a through going over a couple of weeks ago and hadn’t really used it since! Must get Henry out again now!

While I was replacing the rear springs on the B Class last week I noticed that the heat shield had rotted through at the mounting points and was sitting on the rear exhaust causing a rattle, a fault I’ve found on several previous Mercs. I dropped the exhaust down just enough to access the retaining nuts and managed, with some difficulty, to remove them. Unfortunately one of the studs broke off requiring me to carefully establish its position and drill through the boot floor and insert a small bolt as a replacement. Some repair washers from B&Q were the perfect size to span the holes in the shield and I also fitted new nuts from Mercedes, liberally coated with copper grease in case I need to remove them again in the future. No more rattle but I’m a bit disappointed the MoT tester didn’t notice and point the problem out to me, if I hadn’t replaced the springs myself it would still be there.

Finally got a chance to change this fella.

Mine was A6420940180Screenshot_20220812-102231-038.png

I've been gradually removing all the junk in the boot from the French trip. Still a way to go; bike lights & locks, helmets & tools, boogie boards etc etc etc.

I'll then start the 6 month process of finding and removing all the sand which gets EVERYWHERE.

After changing the front shocks (all Sachs shocks and springs) I am happy to report that the irritating front knock has now gone and the car feels new and tight .
Might have to do the rears as it feels so good now .

Track down a squeek from front of engine which goes away after it`s warmed up,
first thought water pump so I added three drops of 3 in 1 oil to water so when it got round to pump would stop squeek but nope didnt work ,
so managed to get small pipe down back of idle pully put small bit of lub yep stopped.
so planning water pump and aux belt and pulleys change ( any tip`s ) V6 diesel bit tight for space so should be fun

Fitted a new OS front spring on my w201 190d using a Klann copy spring compressor. Had to remove the track rod end and anti roll bar mounts to get the 'new' secondhand original Mercedes spring back in. Not an easy job i have to say even using the proper tool.asta.jpg

Full service on Mrs Alfaitalia's A class on the drive today.....plus fixed one vent not blowing and fitted a new (used) genuine OSF fog light that a stone had entered. Should have left it for a cooler day really.....way too hot and the heat really took it out of me!....Not helped by the fact that I only serviced my own car yesterday.

Are Audis allowed on this? :oops: Started a deep clean valet on son's recently purchased A4 Avant. Its a bit neglected but seems sound enough but boy is it filthy! More tomorrow. :rolleyes:

A cheap fix,
Stone went through N/S DRL ages ago. Today i managed to get one from a breakers £30 & 20mins to fit. Result. It`s been bugging me for ages.

Took two to the main dealer.

One for an A service with brake fluid and transmission service (covered by a ServicePlam), but it’s got to go back again for the transmission service because they didn’t have all of the parts in stock.

One to diagnose why there’s an oily residue around the front of the engine, but it’s got to go back for repair. It should have been avoided by a previous recall, so it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Took two to the main dealer.

One for an A service with brake fluid and transmission service (covered by a ServicePlam), but it’s got to go back again for the transmission service because they didn’t have all of the parts in stock.

One to diagnose why there’s an oily residue around the front of the engine, but it’s got to go back for repair. It should have been avoided by a previous recall, so it will be interesting to see what happens next.
Another day, another trip to the dealer for a service. Automatic transmission service now completed.

I didn’t even have chance to drink all of their coffee and bottled water, not max out their wifi today - I usually wait on-site for servicing and repairs but today they popped me in a courtesy car despite the short notice - I assume it costs less than allowing me to stay 😁

I was surprised to see that the courtesy car was very nearly 2.5 years old with more than 15,000 miles on the clock. Unsurprisingly the reason is the inability to order replacements, all new stock is going straight to customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom