What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Washed and chamoised off, fed the front seats with Glyptone conditioner, vacuumed the carpets and admired my newly fitted second hand gear surround walnut console, such an improvement on the cracked and 'milky' lacquered predecessor. Jacked up and inspected the underside in readiness for a rust proofing session I have booked in the week after next. Checked all fluid levels and front offside tyre pressure , which looses about 2 1b a fortnight.

Last edited:
Parked it at the valet, went off shopping and then for dinner, and once done collected the car and marvelled at the shiny paint and stripy mats :thumb:

Parked it at the valet, went off shopping and then for dinner, and once done collected the car and marvelled at the shiny paint and stripy mats :thumb:

Talking of mats...

After I vacuumed the porcelain ones, I fitted some black rubber ones over the top...Rashman styleee...

Talking of mats...

After I vacuumed the porcelain ones, I fitted some black rubber ones over the top...Rashman styleee...

The AMG mats are dark velour effect and so they hide the direct fairly well, but the silver grey ribbed mats in the W163 have rubber mats on top too :D

After almost 11 years the ribbed mats and rubber mats look box fresh!

Moved them both off the drive to avoid a cement mixer covering them in small beige spots

Bought another one!!! :bannana::D

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 60
Waxed, started, taken out of the garage.....and off we go......

Fitted two new shocks to the rear of my vito only to find a broken spring, doh

Put the E280 battery on charge. It's time to sell it as it hasn't been driven since last July:eek:

^^ snap

On the way out now.

Washed it (again - twice in two days :devil:) after the cars round here were covered in a sandy coloured coating overnight

Sand, I'm guessing.

Went out for one of my last drives in it as it'll be getting put on SORN tomorrow until I sell it as I have another car coming soon.

After 135,000 miles in the Merc, the new car has a lot to live up to

Nothing as its currently sitting in PCS waiting for a new rear strut. Bloody typical when its such a great weekend!!

Easier shown than said. In the last hour...

13519009905_c070596969_b.jpg

13519102463_62ec7a8bec_b.jpg

13519368784_c9bd2f4630_b.jpg
13519355704_b0ffd2cf3a_b.jpg

All that to replace this lousy badge in the seat:

13519362164_2ae7768ed2_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom