What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fitted a £3.15 GPS aerial from eBay and luckily it works flawlessly. Much cheaper than MB and now that it's fitted to the inside hopefully it won't need replacing again.

This is the 4th GPS aerial in the car's 10 year life.

I was pretty busy!

Got the oil changed at the dealer (£280 :eek: ),
Cleaned/vacc'd the air box out then fitted 2 K&N air filters,
Changed the fuel filler cap for a new one from the dealer as the strap broke on the existing one,
Changed the washer fluid cap for the same reason as above,
Ordered new buttons for the steering wheel,
Finally, fitted my new plates as I got the revised V5C in the post today - still waiting on the tax disc and MoT cert though...

Oh, and cleaned of some bird crap. Some bird has a death wish! :D

martyp87 said:
I was pretty busy! Got the oil changed at the dealer (£280 :eek: ), Cleaned/vacc'd the air box out then fitted 2 K&N air filters, Changed the fuel filler cap for a new one from the dealer as the strap broke on the existing one, Changed the washer fluid cap for the same reason as above, Ordered new buttons for the steering wheel, Finally, fitted my new plates as I got the revised V5C in the post today - still waiting on the tax disc and MoT cert though... Oh, and cleaned of some bird crap. Some bird has a death wish! :D
Notice any difference with the k&n?

I never even started the car after fitting. Will report back tomorrow after a good trip. The paper AMG filters looked a bit grubby though so could have only helped.

I don't expect much of an improvement, only reason I fitted them was due to the fact I had them in the CLK240 and the panels are the same size - at £80ish I didn't want to give them away!

Took it out for a little blast this morning at around the 6 o'clock mark. :)

Found a couple of empty roads and had a nice play, but ended up in traffic so calmed myself down a bit, stopped for a coffee then parked it up around 0730. Not looked at it since as it started raining so the cleaning took a back seat.

Same again tomorrow hopefully as the forecast is good. :)

Fitted a £3.15 GPS aerial from eBay and luckily it works flawlessly. Much cheaper than MB and now that it's fitted to the inside hopefully it won't need replacing again.

This is the 4th GPS aerial in the car's 10 year life.

Wow, how come it gets through aerials so quickly?

Vacuumed tons of leaves and crud out of the engine bay. Stared sadly at stone chip damage to windscreen :(

took out the wheel arch liners and wax oiled behind on my s class which i bought last friday
and painted the callipers silver.
looks nice now, and i know that all is well under the arches.
always remember "prevention is better than cure"
ime a stickler for detail
there know good polishing the top if the underside is minging.

Sun was out so I thought I'd try ArmorAll Shield. (Auto Express Best Buy Product Awards 2013).

Being a silver car, it's difficult to get any sort of deep shine, but I'm quite pleased with the results... and it's easy to use. 'No drying time - easy on, easy off'.

Cleaned it thoroughly, before it goes for a detail.

Yes I know - I'm a bit odd like that :crazy::D.

Today I did nothing substantial to the car. I basically missed it because it's away getting stuff done to it. Lucky I'm patient and have something else to drive. Come back...!

Went to reapply some MBClubUK URL stickers to the rear windows, but I can't find them :(.

Cleaned it and took a photo :thumb:

13948143551_1fd20bd0c3_b.jpg

Following yesterdays rain washed both the SLK and 190 and also removed all the stuff from the adjacent trees which had got in all the nooks and crannies.
Noticed the 190 had marks on the bodywork following the winter cover up so have just completed a T cut session followed by Autoglym polish and super resin too. Looking very good now the sun is shining on the garden of England.

Fixed the broken drivers door stay which has been rattling and banging around in the door for weeks, nearly took my eye out a couple of times trying to get the ball bearings to slide into the retainer against a strong spring. Whilst there cleaned and lubricated window mechanism and lock. Car has now become eerily quiet when driven and all the odd noises-some of which I had convinced myself were suspension related have disappeared :bannana:
Then I freed up my sticking rear seat catch and cleaned /lubricated all the catches and moving bits. All works like new again now.:D

Driven it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom