What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yesterday I took her for a 400 mile run - Today I left her to rest.

I gave it a good clean followed with some PTFE penetrator sprayed on all the rust patches i.e. wheel arches and just above the rear number plate. Still looking good for a 21 year old runabout!

Put two hankooks on the back, I now know that the noise I've lived with since I bought the car was not the wheel bearings or diff, it was in fact the sh1te tyres that the dealer put on.

New sbc pump in the SL supplied and fitted by Star Motor Service.

Mic

Now I've cleaned it as it was very dirty with this recent weather and over 1000 miles last week :(

Stu,,,,,,,,,,we REALLY gotta talk buddie. :eek:

1000 miles in a C63. How can you afford to eat???

I know mate it's a bit crazy I do question it myself sometimes but it's still cheaper to have one C63 than a C63 plus a diesel.

Just picked Chris new oil burner up so I'm going to make use of that for running errands and stuff where we use mine as main car at moment.

2.0 diesel so 50mpg and cheap tax. I wanted him to get an M3 but I got a stupid look and rolled eyes :D

StuartK said:
Just picked Chris new oil burner up so I'm going to make use of that for running errands and stuff where we use mine as main car at moment :D

Who is Chris?

Took the old girl for her annual 'medical' today...she unfurled her sails and sallied forth with nary an advisory....now it's time to fit new discs and pads all round :D

Those wheels really set the car off IMHO. There was a CLS55 sold on AT recently, same wheels/colour - was it yours TK?
I'm sorry Steve....never saw your post till today....no, haven't sold the car ( not till I find the right CL500)..or wheels...in fact I've just gotten my new wheels ...but thanks for the compliment!
22736680001_large.jpg

Last edited:
Booked her in for a secondary decat and silencer removal and an xpipe replacement :)

Not many people seem to have done it to an R172. I am hoping the closed and open flaps will have more of a contrast.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Done and I am really pleased having just gone a spirited drive :D

In comfort with flaps closed, can't notice a difference (which is what I wanted). Flaps open in sport mode, oh boy, such a throaty roar on it. Completely different sound to the R171, especially on the down shift and thfe fact that you can rev while stationary up to about 5-6k (which is where it really seems to shine).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom