What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Replaced the boot struts after nearly ending up like an Arabian shoplifter.
Removed the cd10 stereo, checked connections , saw I needed an aerial plug converter thingy and reconnected cd10 stereo.
Fitted mesh windbreak found in boot.
Set off car alarm 3 times whilst trying to lock boot because central locking pump playing up.

I pick dust caps up for free...anywhere there is a air station at the petrol station.
Fitted lovely chrome and black star dust caps (Ebay specials at a whopping £3) to all cars yesterday. Wife went to asda and came back with the shopping ... minus the dust caps. Some wee tager has taken them for his bike !!! I'm now knocking on all doors in the area asking to examine bike wheels.

Replaced the alarm siren on the CLK.

Bloody thing now chirps with the indicator flashes on arming/disarming, saving grace is the chirps are reasonably discreet.

Last edited:
Fitted lovely chrome and black star dust caps (Ebay specials at a whopping £3) to all cars yesterday. Wife went to asda and came back with the shopping ... minus the dust caps. Some wee tager has taken them for his bike !!! I'm now knocking on all doors in the area asking to examine bike wheels.

Just ordered a set £1.99...inc key ring!!

De-tangoed the E.

E7F73839-9054-4443-B156-B1CDC1D1C19E_zpsip1z7ppk.jpg

26456CE1-2E51-4528-87FD-57838649D03B_zpshtlxlwdi.jpg

Got myself 4 chrome & black star dust caps from Asda car park in Glasgow. :bannana:

Ant. :D

It's been at least three weeks since I washed little Greenie so I decided to make an afternoon of it. First, I opened the boot to get my cloths out and ai caramba! What a mess in the rain channels! I cleaned those up first and got the leaf gunk out of the corners. Then I washed the car and while it was drying, I used leather cleaner and then leather balm on the seats. Then I used resin polish and buffed it off, then finish polish and buffed that off. Then I used Gummi Pflege on all the rubber seals and every other rubber bit. Then I cleaned the glass and last, but not least, I wiped down the plastics and door handles with plastic blacking.

Phew.

Then I put all the products back in the 'life shine' bag and put them back in the garage for next time...

Whilst I was doing this cleaning, my very nice neighbours came home from a grocery run and we had a laugh about how long I'd been cleaning. I said that when Katie (13) is ready to go to her prom, I would take her in Greenie and we would be wearing designer scarves and sun glasses. She seemed to love the idea, though she will no doubt get a better offer when the time comes!

Found the bonnet leaver to my CLS 250Cdi, looked at my engine, closed the bonnet quickly, thought.....ok

Sold it first viewer on Thursday... what next??? So much choice I'm changing my mind like the wind.

Today...

Sadly continued to dismantle my old 190, heater motor and wiper mechanism before a bacon and egg sarnie earlier this morning. Thinking about the bonnet or perhaps a door or two shortly as the sun beats down...

Finally had the car resprayed so I am rust free. For now.. :D
25kq4wz.jpg

w1w8cy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom