What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Took it to the valet, and it looks great!

Washed it. Polished it. Put the roof down. Fitted the wind deflector.
Then Mrs Ted stole it to drive to work :(

Put fuel in it and thrashed it,safe in the knowledge I won't get done for speeding as it's a w124s 300d lol

CLK:
Meguiars wash & wax
Turtle Wax alloy cleaner
Car Plan tyre shine
new wiper blades
interior hoovered and wiped down
CLS:
Meguiars wash & wax
A Class:
moved as it was in the way

Last edited:
E240 - washed dried and sprayed with pink stuff from Asda that R2D2 told me about. Dried off and realised that paintwork is in very poor condition so did not bother to do anything else, apart from clean all windows inside and out. Wheels are a mess too so decided she has to go soonest.

Found a screw embedded in an almost new rear tyre on the Vito :mad:

Yesterday, fitted new grille centre, unfortunately the later one and I prefer the chip masher. Set off for Shotley 225 miles distant. At Winchester, the rear nearside tyre deflated. I pumped it up on the hard shoulder and stopped at Fleet to find it low again.
Raised car on jack, reckoning I should get a chock. Removed the wheel, found recently replaced springs and dampers, and got the spare out. No short studs. Bother. Inflated tyre to 47PSI and set off for Farnborough where I paid £99 for a new tyre. I'd sooner spend it on a tyre than a ticket so that's that.The fitter was most complementary about the car and knew his Mercedes'. He remarked that the spec was very good, the condition lovely and the engine, the best Mercedes ever made. I joined the traffic which was stop start to the M3 and the bulb failure warning lamp came up. Learned to love the cruise control in the interminable roadworks on the M3, M25 and A12. Average speed cameras all the way for little apparent reason.
At the next stop removed the blown brake light bulb and found that the previous owner had greased all the bulbs to prevent corrosion. I knew it had been well looked after and was happy to see this. The orange lacquer on the indicator was not good so some bulbs are to be added to the shopping list. All now being well, continued to Shotley where parents were most impressed with the car. Mum had an E240 some years ago and loved it so the car was a big success. After lunch today, returned via my sister's place in Great Dunmow and got back to Bournemouth at 8;30 PM. Mileage 480. Consumption 41.5.woman Belong Me not complaining of numb bum.
Not bad. Next to wire out the EGR and run some injector cleaner through it. France for Easter. Shakedown run completed. Good to go!

Found a screw embedded in an almost new rear tyre on the Vito :mad:

Ouch.

My own record is a screw near the sidewall of a brand new Conti MO with 600 miles.

It was one of a set of four identical tyres with same build date, which I had fitted a few weeks earlier.

I bought another Conti MO exactly the same, BUT it had a different manufacture date!

4 years later, still have the Contis on the car, and it still bugs me that the front right tyre was made two weeks after the rest... OCD or what?

markjay said:
Ouch. My own record is a screw near the sidewall of a brand new Conti MO with 600 miles. It was one of a set of four identical tyres with same build date, which I had fitted a few weeks earlier. I bought another Conti MO exactly the same, BUT it had a different manufacture date! 4 years later, still have the Contis on the car, and it still bugs me that the front right tyre was made two weeks after the rest... OCD or what?

That makes it a dodgy car with differing dates. Seriously though I would feel like that as I have OCD can never understand when behind another car and they have different tyres with different tyre tread looks chavy imo :)

sat in it waitng for the weather to break.. come on summer .....april/may to get it on the road :bannana:

Just picked up my r129 after having new hood fitted in blue included in price was a headline clean and they didn't charge for snapped side wire. Very pleased will detail car Saturday so will post afterwards . What section shall I post in cheers

Embarrassed a couple of boy racers - I hadn't planned to do it, but there were two of them and they were being silly :cool:.

Cleaned polished the door shuts then sealed them with a top coat of wax.

Left it in the garage where it belongs :)

New plate on it now so looking gooooood. Thinking I should have got the GB logo on it.....doesn't quite look right without....

Left it in the garage where it belongs :)

New plate on it now so looking gooooood. Thinking I should have got the GB logo on it.....doesn't quite look right without....

I'm the opposite, I had new plates made up at MB Oxford without the GB , looks cleaner imo.

Went to fit a complete set of seat covers (tailor made) to the Vito and put them in the too difficult to be done today box. Blastardly awkward things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom