What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Return trip to Goodwood. Outbound in glorious summer sunshine. Return in miserable relentless rainfall. Great weekend though :thumb:

Bit of a clean

13522067_1084364604957120_4353316678611455687_n.jpg

Resin injection to ball joints

Dropped the SL at Star Motor Service this morning and collected mid afternoon.

The car was due for its ninth service under the ASSYST regime.......circa 126275 miles so it was agreed that the ABC fluid and filter would be changed.
The fluid was last changed with the pump at circa 60k miles. The filter was changed then and again at circa 98k miles.

Additionally the lower ball joints on the front ABC struts were resin injected whilst in-situ on the car. A lot cheaper than new struts.

I would have given you one of Ian's "home" videos showing the play on one of the struts but I got a message telling me that I could not do that.

You are saved from the video unless perhaps Ian can upload.

Anyway another great job with the SL getting all the TLC it requires.

Thanks to Ian and team at Star Motor Service.

Mic

Drove around in the early evening sunshine after a clean and tidy enjoying ownership in my 3 year

Worked out that the funny little beep when I start up means time for a service, but it's not, promise your honour.

Thrashed it across Germany, Belgium, Holland and France. Awesome. Never got over 145 but boy does it pull. All round super car. Clean it tomorrow

My E has nothing but excitement, outside cleansed Sunday night, interior cleaned last night.

Fitted some silicon wheel nut covers (eBay special) to cover the my rust nuts!

6427EEFA-1EFC-4682-9D69-E5190DEBD8A4_zpsqj6gckfu.jpg

Booked it into MSL for Quaife LSD, Eurocharge Remap and 2nd Cat/Resonator Delete @Torqueflow. :bannana:

Cleaned it

Got the basics dine 2 weeks ago, wash, clay, SRP + EGP.

This weekend it got a wash and a coat od P21S, good clean inside and finally got around to getting the tail pipe trims off for a good clean. And its looking good... Pics to follow...

Today I removed a rather troublesome handsfree kits for a Nokia 6210... A bit out of date at this stage!

Fitted a Kenwood DAB stereo. Sounds great. A couple of hours or so fitting time.

Just trying to figure out the problem with Cruise Control now. Worked fine until brake switch died last week. Switched replaced but Cruise still not working.

Washed them both :) must say, they're a couple of good looking cars :)

Still want a Mustang though ;)

Took it for it's first MOT this morning as it's due in a couple of weeks but it's going on holiday down to MSL so will be out of action for a while.

No problem touch wood, good to go for another year. :D

Last of the big spenders - new parking light bulb fitted 95p :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom