What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought a collapsible crate (OE) from Mercedes Newcastle eBay store a while ago - a very useful thing indeed, and takes no space folded down:

35028610081_67a8002df3_o.jpg

It is fixed to the boot floor with four velcro pads, and never moves, in fact it's an effort to remove it, when needed.

Good solution, but I suspect a lot more expensive than a fiver for 4 clips.:dk:

The car's been to the detailers for a week, and when I set off to pick her up it started to rain. By the time we got her home it was filthy but here are a couple of reflection shots taken before we set off.

It's had a minor paint correction, Gyeon ceramic reapplied, wheels returned, and Alloygators fitted. Shame she's filthy now!

bobby-dazzler-albums-w166-ml63-amg-picture10811-obsidian-black-reflection-bonnet.jpg

bobby-dazzler-albums-w166-ml63-amg-picture10809-obsidian-black-reflection.jpg

bobby-dazzler-albums-w166-ml63-amg-picture10810-alloygator-graphite.jpg

Last edited:
Drove to Silverstone to watch the British GT Championship. Anyone else go?

Took mine apart and stripped out the engine wiring loom. Ordered the replacement cables
ready to rebuild it.

Cleaned the wheels - just a Meguiar's quick detailer, although I did spray liberally and let it run off like water - the seven months old GTechniq C5 is holding on pretty good, I'd say:

35157652272_03052bc960_o.jpg

34514118073_1100b6b4d2_o.jpg

35157648122_a1a2555cdf_o.jpg

Yes, the car is very dirty, but that'll have to wait, till Saturday ...

New brake pads. Blooming expensive. And the wear indicator only illuminated 2 days after refitting the wheels following refurb. Grrr.

Mud Flaps

I purchased some moulded Mud Flaps form eBay for £30.
Fitted today.

Last edited:
Put the '04 W211 E220 on the ramp.

Removed wheels, removed under arch covers, removed underside inspection covers at rear and power cleaned all these.
Removed the 2 x rear calipers and discs, loosened off most of the suspension bolts and soaked a few other in penetrating fluid.

Not all today, but all this week:

1. Taxed it for 12 months.
2. Renewed insurance, renewal with Hastings was £470 so went elsewhere and got better cover for £350.
3. B service + new brake pads (loan car was a 2016 C class which was a miserable thing to drive compared to my C350 W204).
4. MOT last weekend.
5. Replaced the despicable Pirelli P Zero's all round with Michelin Pilot Sport 4's so happy days.

Took it for it's service and MOT, all OK, apart from an S class that tried to mate with it whilst there! Now have to get the rear re-sprayed, I'd only had it done last week to sort a couple of scuffs, Perhaps I should have left it dirty and not so shiny and attractive, Ho Hum

Removed the 2 x 12 point axle shaft nuts then had to nip away for work.

Mate at work made a special tool to lock the wheel carrier. ;)

Wee clean up and new plugs,oil etc. Rear plug not the easiest to get to. I also found that when pushing the leads back onto the plugs one connection is not secure , can only think it's an issue with the lead end , think I'll order a new set as I'm not confident it will stay in place .

I took mine on a great road trip to France. Lots of great food and wine and epic roads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Above post was meant to have some pics but it didn't work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom