What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did a couple of circuits of Hampstead Heath car park on Night Vision Assist. Kids loved it. (And I did).

Following a filthy drive to Yeovil and back this week ;) and 2 weeks of grime also building, the CLK got a wash n dry (plus the tyres blackened nicely)
I was told it was already clean but what to they know (and why aren't they on their way to specsavers.....?)

Also washed and let the winter sun dry the summer tyres out in the back garden as the winters went on yesterday

Also cleaned the QQ as it was a nice afternoon :)
The Diamond 18"'s do come up well on that!

Dragged our caravan to a dealer/workshop to have the central heating fluid replaced (pretty much anti-freeze). We used a car which we haven't towed with for a few years, and it was great to hear the M156 roar and bellow under load. That thing can play tunes.

Checked for any water ingress - Everywhere is still dry :thumb:

Put the roof in maintenance position and 'Gummi-pledged' all the rubbers/seals - again.

Then went for a 20 mile drive.

:D

Just the usual, Gave Brutus a coat of Megs Paste Wax, It's meant tobe raining tomorrow so Managed to persuade the wife we will use the A-class tomorrow haha

The technology is either there already, or will get there eventually, but either way it's a detail. I trust the big corporations and academic institutes to figure it out.

My prime concerns regarding EVs are far more practical: (a) how quickly can we put in a sufficient number of charging points for those of us who are city dwellers and not lucky to live in a house with a garage or private driveway, and who will pay for these to be installed, and (b) how will we be able to produce the required electicity once the UK's 35 million vehicles are all replaced with EVs?

My subsequent concern is that the goverment of the day in 2040 will do what all goverments have, in essence, done so far: tell us that we can't all drive our 35 million EVs because there's just not enough electricity genarated to power them all; that building new power plants is too complicated and expensive and not environmentally friendly; and that for the benefit of the planet car usage will be 'regulated' by heavily taxing elecricity for cars. And anyone complaining will be called 'selfish'.

The technology is either there already, or will get there eventually, but either way it's a detail. I trust the big corporations and academic institutes to figure it out.

My prime concerns regarding EVs are far more practical: (a) how quickly can we put in a sufficient number of charging points for those of us who are city dwellers and not lucky to live in a house with a garage or private driveway, and who will pay for these to be installed, and (b) how will we be able to produce the required electicity once the UK's 35 million vehicles are all replaced with EVs?

My subsequent concern is that the goverment of the day in 2040 will do what all goverments have, in essence, done so far: tell us that we can't all drive our 35 million EVs because there's just not enough electricity genarated to power them all; that building new power plants is too complicated and expensive and not environmentally friendly; and that for the benefit of the planet car usage will be 'regulated' by heavily taxing elecricity for cars. And anyone complaining will be called 'selfish'.
How've you managed that MarkJay :D

Hello all. I'm back in a Mercedes....so thought I'd give it a polish :D

IMG_0304_zps7wnsyki3.jpg

Late on Sunday I was leaving Hampstead Heath. The sun had set and as we were in the dark I decided to do a couple of circuits of the car park with Nightview Assyst on to amuse the kids. We were all peering at the screen looking for signs of life when I suddenly realised that I didn't necessarily want to see all the "wildlife" in the bushes and swiftly made for the exit and the main road.....

Blatted a few miles across London. Still loving the diesel-like torque curve of the 5.5. And the variable ratio steering. It makes an unlikely but extremely good city car.

Fitted new fuel filler cap this morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom