What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yesterday:

Snow Foam (twice).
Chem decontamination.
Two Bucket Wash.
Clayed.
Applied Poor Boys Black Hole Glaze.
Two coats of Fusso Coat.
Good buffing Twice.
Engine Bay clean.
Double speed wax for the metal bits.
Megs tyre gel for the plastic bits and tyres.
Double speed wax for the alloys.

Today:

Smiled as the beading effortlessly slid of the paintwork on my drive into work.

A comprehensive service, all fluids and filters renewed including spark plugs, transmission fluid and filter, oil, oil filter, air filter, new gearbox sump, sump gasket and sump bolts, fuel filter, brake fluid, cabin filter and anti freeze all parts used were from Mercedes or Mann, my c36 amg.

Installed all the fixed cameras as Points of Interest so it beeps when im near a speed camera. (fixed).

Had the CLK fired up & running from its winter slumber!! Fired up 1st time which is always a great day!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Removed the rear wheels and inspected the rims for cracks and the tyres for any splits inside and the general condition. I can't get over how poor P-Zero's are and the inspection hasn't revealed any faults.

Whilst they were off I gave them a proper clean, decontaminated with Auto Finesse, rinsed, dried and polished with some Megs Carnuba Wax I'd been given at Xmas. Finally sealed with Auto-Glym wheel sealant. They look a lot better until the next deluge.
A few gratuitous photos.

20200306_101831.jpg 20200306_103249.jpg 20200306_101904.jpg 20200306_113637.jpg

When I refitted the rear wheels and lowered the car, the rear had just the right stance for me. Lowering springs and rear links soon I think.

20200306_115220.jpg

Had one serviced at the main dealer this morning, and then took another out for a drive whilst the sun was shining.

Narrowly escaped being caught up in a four car pile up, saved by quick reaction, a clever car, and a whole barrow full of luck.

Gave it a quick wipe over with Autoglym Quick Detailer, wheel s are still a bit grubby though

Washed it (yesterday) and annoyingly found a new ‘car park’ dent in the nearside quarter panel!

Need to call a dent repair guy I guess, but it’s a nasty little dent in an awkward place. :(

Other than that it looked very shiny on the drive in the morning sunshine. Went out for lunch... in the Mazda.

Installed all the fixed cameras as Points of Interest so it beeps when im near a speed camera. (fixed).
I have that as well as mobile camera hot spots - becomes annoying after a while....so I only use it when I'm on a road I don't know. Mine is on an SD card that I can eject.

Been giving it a good cleaning for the last few days in anticipation of the fine dry weather which the forecast had promised for this morning.

Typically it's currently pouring down here, so going to give it a miss for another week as I really can't be bothered cleaning it all again. :(

Yesterday I went with my son to collect his new car from the local VW garage.
I don’t like car salesman but on this occasion I will make an exception because it came out in conversation that he use to work at the local Mercedes dealership.
I asked him if he still had any contacts there and he stated that he was still in contact with the service manager and gave me his details, perfect.
Today I went to the Mercedes dealership, asked for the service manager and to cut a short story shorter I managed to get an AMG sorted as a courtesy car for when mine goes in for service next month.
I then came home and took my car out of the garage for its monthly drive down to the bottom of the estate and back because it’s SORN’d at the moment :eek: I have to do it when the wife is at work because she would go nuts if she saw me driving it with no tax.
Please don’t report me I’m a good boy normally....honest :)

I don’t like car salesman but on this occasion I will make an exception because it came out in conversation that he use to work at the local Mercedes dealership.
I asked him if he still had any contacts there and he stated that he was still in contact with the service manager and gave me his details, perfect.
Today I went to the Mercedes dealership, asked for the service manager and to cut a short story shorter I managed to get an AMG sorted as a courtesy car for when mine goes in for service next month.
I then came home and took my car out of the garage for its monthly drive down to the bottom of the estate and back because it’s SORN’d at the moment :eek: I have to do it when the wife is at work because she would go nuts if she saw me driving it with no tax.
I'll let you off, but others. :rolleyes::)

I'll let you off, but others. :rolleyes::)

By the way, if by any chance you shop at Tesco’s at Haydock could you let me know when the loo rolls are back in stock.
My mother went the other day and they had run out.
She’s has to resort to newspapers :eek:....the Daily Mail to be precise.
Perhaps that’s not a bad thing. :)

Been driving the old girl around locally , tbh i cant keep ,myself out of it since doing the box lol sooo smooth.

Dropped the SLK off to the garage to sort out some running issues and an old oil leak that I’ve been putting off, now I’ve got to find the money for it [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you say “bottom of the estate” does that mean down to the gatehouse? :)

Serviced, MOT’d, insured, extended the warranties and taxes both mine and my wife’s car.

Oh what a mistake it was to buy two summer plate cars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom