What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Day 1 of being fully detailed ready for sale.......
Good luck, with the sale, I would imagine anyone who genuinely wants one of those, is Defo gonna have it. :) :thumb:

I've been cleaning today. Autoglym shampoo. Uses my new microfibre wheel brush which is brilliant. I got the insides of the Style IV's spotless for the first time in ages.

Dried the whole thing off with a microfibre towel. (I could only find one, my wife seems to have nicked the other three....grr).

Can't find my AG Detailing Spray so about to finish it off with AG Gloss Protection. Wish I'd started earlier - it's getting really hot out there.......

Looked longingly out of the window at it parked outside in the driveway.

Fitted new wiring loom for a potential new retro fit, also retro fitted the Viano sub under the drivers seat & the wiring cover that goes full length of he van. Also sorted a few niggles i had never gotten round to!

Attachments

• 20191121_202802.jpg
    20191121_202802.jpg
    899.2 KB · Views: 2
Washed it, cleaned and hoovered the interior, took all 4 wheels off and cleaned them and the arches and then snapped a couple of teeth off of the locking wheel nut key putting the last one back on :confused:

Today ive been starting to install the heating & AC pipework to the rear of the van. Which has been a mission as i cant seem to find any measurements for drilling the holes.. 3 down 1 to go.

Attachments

• IMG-20200510-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20200510-WA0003.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 5
AC pipes in waxoyl'd through the seat mounts into the channel below, harness cover fitted & sound deadened the floor.. just waiting for my new Brabus Leather front seats to turn up, so i can strip them down.

Nothing really, except admiring how nice it looks parked on my driveway.

New rear windows in the R129 for the same price I got charged for my other one 10 years ago. 👍🏻🍺😎

Discovered i have no rear number plate lights, also discovered that they are LED and have to be replaced as complete units @£15 a pair, getting to them was easy enough, getting them out is impossible, when the new ones come ill have to break the old ones to get them out

Had one of them detailed for the first time in months. I usually have them done every week and so it’s been unpleasant having dirty cars for so long - even though they’ve barely turned a wheel, pollen, sand dust, and rain marks have been worse than ever - they look like cheetahs with their “spots”.

I've never noticed the holes for the wind deflector untill today! Thought I'd share that :cool:
20200520_164458.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom