What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I booked the day off work to take Mrs D on a drive somewhere nice, and go out for lunch whilst the children were at school. The weather was absolutely awful which was a bit of a pain in the bottom.

It was a great test of the new winter tyres though - relatively cold temperatures (air temperature 10degC, and pouring with rain - they were very sure footed, and much improved over the summer tyres.

Had it been a crisp sunny autumn day then it would have been perfect, but alas not. Even Caffeine & Machine was very very quiet, albeit there were a group or classic Jaguars parked outside.

Car got an A7 service and MoT today at MB Glasgow. Second of two free services when I bought the car. A7 includes the ATF. Last years B and this years service totalled about £1,300 so that was a good deal when buying the car.

Health check performance and recommended brakes all round and front discs. Neither were on the MoT advisory items.

Now I have the Fiat 500 on the drive my 212 is getting a bit of a rest.

But yesterday it was doing what an E Class estate does so well; I drove it up to a timber yard in Edgware to pick up some OSB to finish off my logstore roof.

As pointed out in the lockdown thread I managed to build a log store that didn't actually keep all of the logs dry.....I've doubled the depth of it now and am finishing it off with a roof panel with more over hang.

Next on this list is a load of 6 x 3 trellis which I need to install down the side passage. My neighbour has convinced herself that I'm spying on her with my security camera and keeps insisting I mask it. I've explained 20 times that it's been digitally blanked but she's having none or if. I've even sent her screenshots but, no, that's not enough. Mind you, her husband won't have the Covid vaccine as it "will have microbeads the government will use to track us". FFS......

Anyway, the E Class makes a fine van :)

Now I have the Fiat 500 on the drive my 212 is getting a bit of a rest.

But yesterday it was doing what an E Class estate does so well; I drove it up to a timber yard in Edgware to pick up some OSB to finish off my logstore roof.

As pointed out in the lockdown thread I managed to build a log store that didn't actually keep all of the logs dry.....I've doubled the depth of it now and am finishing it off with a roof panel with more over hang.

Next on this list is a load of 6 x 3 trellis which I need to install down the side passage. My neighbour has convinced herself that I'm spying on her with my security camera and keeps insisting I mask it. I've explained 20 times that it's been digitally blanked but she's having none or if. I've even sent her screenshots but, no, that's not enough. Mind you, her husband won't have the Covid vaccine as it "will have microbeads the government will use to track us". FFS......

Anyway, the E Class makes a fine van :)
Give her a tin hat to wear. It will conceal here identity when she walks down the side alley and it will stop the micro beads transmitting a signal.

Give her a tin hat to wear. It will conceal here identity when she walks down the side alley and it will stop the micro beads transmitting a signal.

This is the same lady who had a massive row with my wife minutes after we moved in which immediately killed all communication between those two. So I became the intermediary. I put at a new, high quality fence (entirely at my cost) and, right at the very second, she accused me of stealing three inches off her garden. That was the last straw for me and now she communicates her rage through texts from her long-suffering husband to me.

To cut a very long story short I'm going to have stump up the best part of a grand to fix a drainage "problem" which isn't actually a problem at all. But she doesn't understand modern building regs and, as I've noticed, facts form a very small part of her ability to think properly I'll do that and the trellis just to shut the old bat up.

One thing I have noticed is that she hates my son playing basketball outside the front of the house (she screamed at him a couple of weeks ago). Once I've finished sorting stupid things for her (the last thing I need is for her to think she's got some sort of moral high ground) I'm very tempted to move the netball stand from the back garden to the front drive :) LOL.

Had the C204 BS serviced today -

B service plus -

Spark plugs
Brake fluid
Pollen filter
Key batteries

Told them not to wash or hoover the car and leave the used parts in the car, the cost of the service at a london mb dealer was £959.87, took out a service plan with the 20% discount and paid £884 for two services, this one and next year which will be an A service plus air filters and rear diff oil.

What a epic car to own and drive, feel lucky -

Collected one from my detailer having been detailed yesterday. He deep cleaned the hood and treated it to protect it from UV and repel water.

Looking forward to seeing it get wet. Water quite literally rolls off the surface, as the fabric can’t absorb the water due to the hydrophobic coating.

Noticed something missing. Simple answer eh.
How come there’s only three 🤣🤣. Go on somebody why 🤪

Attachments

• 151CB71D-EF4B-41FE-B9CC-1E1C97D77CCC.jpeg
    151CB71D-EF4B-41FE-B9CC-1E1C97D77CCC.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 16
Had the C204 BS serviced today -

B service plus -

Spark plugs
Brake fluid
Pollen filter
Key batteries

Told them not to wash or hoover the car and leave the used parts in the car, the cost of the service at a london mb dealer was £959.87, took out a service plan with the 20% discount and paid £884 for two services, this one and next year which will be an A service plus air filters and rear diff oil.

What a epic car to own and drive, feel lucky -

Not looking forward to the next service on my CLS55. Just an A but sixteen spark plugs hidden in the bowels of my M113K mill.

Changed the cover on my key. £5 from aliexpress so possibly not genuine and had to sand the edge very slightly for better fit but I quite like it
IMG_20201018_163447.jpg

Summers all cleaned up , awaiting two new tyres to be delivered for the rears which are 10+ years old now
:shock:
They have not been refurbed at all I think so it’s original paint . If you are close up it’s flaking in the odd place but still passes the 6 foot test .
Might get some AMG wheel centres to upset the AMG types ;)
F921E8C5-F0CE-4C06-9D83-12BBF382DCC0.jpeg

As I no longer possess a Merc I took a look at the website for the dealer that bought in my SLK55 a month or so ago. Was surprised to see they have taken a deposit on it given they were asking a higher price than I paid a MB dealership for it 21 months ago and it was sold to me with 2.years MB warranty !

Collected one from my detailer having been detailed yesterday. He deep cleaned the hood and treated it to protect it from UV and repel water.

Looking forward to seeing it get wet. Water quite literally rolls off the surface, as the fabric can’t absorb the water due to the hydrophobic coating.
There isn’t going to be any UV for 6 months buddy :rolleyes:

As I no longer possess a Merc I took a look at the website for the dealer that bought in my SLK55 a month or so ago. Was surprised to see they have taken a deposit on it given they were asking a higher price than I paid a MB dealership for it 21 months ago and it was sold to me with 2.years MB warranty !
The used car market is in a very healthy state at present, dealers cannot obtain enough stock, not surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom