What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Must have driven the S204 for all of 15 miles this morning - 4 miles to Tenterden taking herself to church, on to Tesco's to get and start reading the papers, then collect herself and take a slightly scenic route home to get the engine and hopefully exhaust up to temperature. SLK hasn't moved from her garage for about a month! Oh for a return to a normal Sunday, SLK out roof down, collect herself from church then meander round country lanes for an hour (waiting for opening time at mid-day, bloody church moved start time from 10.30 to 10am and with far fewer people attending it's over by 10.35 instead of 11 35!!) en route to the pub (whichever favourite we decide on) for a couple of pints and a gossip, then an equally meandering ride home. Wishful thinking!!

Done nothing to the SL again apart from walk past it in the garage to get the vacuum cleaner out to do the taxi. Determined to do some miles in it with top down later in the week.....

Ditto.
One set of 19" AMG multispokes.
Two sets of 18" AMG 5 spoke.

I know I have a problem.............

cmvOW9Um.jpg

tc6rwDRm.jpg

RJ0DXMGl.jpg

I know I have a problem.............

cmvOW9Um.jpg

tc6rwDRm.jpg

RJ0DXMGl.jpg
Are they really all yours?

Even at it’s peak I didn’t have that many! I sold some, disposed of some, and transferred the ones I wanted to keep to Pirelli UK, who now look after mine in their tyre hotel!

Are they really all yours?

Sure are.

Recently decided that needed a pair of winter tyres.........ended up buying a set of (4) alloys inc winter tyres. 🙄

Have an abandoned piece of the garden, where I store them. Bought some scaffold when the builders were in next door and made myself a tyre rack.

In the spirit of openness - have more than1 MB car (you can see the 21" on the rack).

Sure are.

Recently decided that needed a pair of winter tyres.........ended up buying a set of (4) alloys inc winter tyres. 🙄

Have an abandoned piece of the garden, where I store them. Bought some scaffold when the builders were in next door and made myself a tyre rack.

In the spirit of openness - have more than1 MB car (you can see the 21" on the rack).
That must be 40 tyres! Incredible. Man after my own heart 👍🏻

Fitted one of these today. Little things 😂

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After much swearing and cursing I finally managed to replace the rear wiper arm - major soaking with good quality penetrating oil and a proper puller failed to shift the old one, so finally resorted to the Dremmel and a fine cutting disc, cut a 5mm piece out of the plastic surround which freed the plastic part of the arm, with that out of the way I cut a 5mm piece carefully out of the old bushing and the puller got the rest off. Cleaned everything up with a brass wire brush on the dremmel, then put hi-temp ceramic grease on the shaft, installed the new blade onto the new arm, refitted and locked on with a new SS nylock nut, then covered all that with grease!

The replacement arm and blade are not genuine MB - eBay special for £12.99 delivered instead of £50+ for MB. Blade is 1cm shorter than the replacement Bosch blade I bought a while ago (breaking the little plastic securing clips on the arm when fitting it, hence replace the arm!) and the little plastic cross bar in the blade that locks into the clip is larger than the Bosch, which would not clip in. However, it works!

One of only 2 ways the S204 gets used these days - Sunday morning taking Cora to church, i go to local Tesco to get the papers and any groceery top-ups needed, and every 2 1/2 weeks to the main Tesco click and collect! Can't remember when I last had to fuel up the car, only did less than 2k miles between early January MoT's!

Weird how fuel has gone up .

Has it?

I haven't noticed. But then again, I am filling them up so rarely I probably wouldn't notice.

Hang on; it's gone down.

crude oil is trading at around 55 dollars a barrel, its up since xmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom